Home: Breed Specific: Hound Group:
small help on Snowy

carmine

Dec 21, 2003, 11:30 PM

Post #1 of 3 (1033 views)
Shortcut
small help on Snowy Can't Post

To all experieced dog-owner out there,

Snowy is on heat now.. Going to miss a few of her classes .. duh.. she is having exam soon... Is there anything that I need to take care of ? Can she eat as usual and getting bathe once a week as usual ?

Its sad wanting to hold her, but scared of all the blood stains on my shirt .. Tongue

snoopydog
Enthusiast

Dec 24, 2003, 10:39 PM

Post #2 of 3 (1019 views)
Shortcut
Re: [carmine] small help on Snowy [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi,

Except for having to constantly clean the blood stains from the floor, there is nothing more you should be too concerned about. If it's Snowy's first heat, you may notice a slight change in her toilet habits and behaviour. For example, she may hold longer than usual, or pee at new places. That's because she's confused with this new "discharge" from her body. Just let her deal with it naturally and she'll learn how to clean herself. Remember, don't reprimand her unnecessarily. She'll only get more confused.

Good luck.

Smile!

carmine

Dec 26, 2003, 7:49 AM

Post #3 of 3 (1016 views)
Shortcut
Re: [snoopydog] small help on Snowy [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks a lot ! I do noticed that out of a sudden she will turnaround like she wanna pee, but then she end up sitting on the floor like a statue for a while before she starts moving around like usual. She was wearing napkin so I didnt notice what happened.

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my