No of Dogs Allowed

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

chaelian
Dog Kichi

Apr 30, 2005, 3:26 PM

Post #51 of 57 (1904 views)
Shortcut
Re: [musashi] No of Dogs Allowed [In reply to] Can't Post

We live in a condo and have had no problems getting dog licenses for ourselves and our neighbour. Basically, DBKL doesn't even look at the form - just chop, take your money and hand over the license discs! We fill in the forms truthfully, ticking "lain-lain" and entering "condo" as our premises.

Luckily, all our neighbours are quite friendly towards our dogs and with the recent spate of robberies in our area, nobody has complained! In fact, those of us with dogs appear to have been spared burglary so it makes our argument for dogs even stronger . Of course, it also helps that our dogs are very well-behaved and only bark at strangers Angelic

chaelian
Dog Kichi

Apr 30, 2005, 3:44 PM

Post #52 of 57 (1899 views)
Shortcut
Re: [a_evie] No of Dogs Allowed [In reply to] Can't Post

Please note that the upcoming YTL property development in Sentul has condos which will allow dog ownership. In fact, the golf-course-turned-park will be dog-friendly and will probably be the closest thing we have to a dog run. Check out http://thestar.com.my/...821&sec=business.

So, it appears that dog ownership in condos is very much under the jurisdiction of the developer or management, not local council. Most upper-class Malays are OK with dogs, it's only the uneducated classes which are the problem! Perhaps those with friends/family in the property development business can encourage dog-friendly policies to be implemented in their line of work! Let's not always blame or depend on the government to improve our lives - most of the officers are incapable of thinking "outside the box" so we should think of ways to be pro-active

Gus-Gus
Canine Addict

Apr 30, 2005, 8:43 PM

Post #53 of 57 (1892 views)
Shortcut
Re: [chaelian] No of Dogs Allowed [In reply to] Can't Post

Most upper-class Malays are OK with dogs, it's only the uneducated classes which are the problem!

It's not just the uneducated Malays - the same with any uneducated group - though the uneducated Malays are the worst because they use religion as the basis to make the lives of dog owners miserable. It's hard to discuss matters when religion is involved. Incidentally, I know of many Malays who have dogs. One of whom was refused a dog licence by MPPJ because she is a Muslim. She told them off and demanded to be shown in the by-laws, the grounds on which MPPJ was refusing her a dog licence. The man meekly handed her her dog licence because he didn't have a valid reason for refusing her a licence. So, take heart, there are Malay dog-lovers who have a hard time with MPPJ.

Let's not always blame or depend on the government to improve our lives - most of the officers are incapable of thinking "outside the box" so we should think of ways to be pro-active

Agree with you 100%.

"The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated" Mahatma Ghandi.

chaelian
Dog Kichi

May 1, 2005, 4:34 AM

Post #54 of 57 (1880 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Gus-Gus] No of Dogs Allowed [In reply to] Can't Post

An interesting bit of trivia: the Saluki breed is highly revered in the Arab countries as an outstanding hunting dog and in fact, Prophet Mohamed couldn't bring himself to condemn all dogs as he owned several Salukis himself! That's why an exception is made in the Quran with regards to "working dogs". Salukis are also allowed to sit with their owners at the dining table (and we all know that traditional Arabs sit on the ground!) which tells you how much they are valued since women don't even get that privilege. There's even a Saluki breeding centre in Dubai.

So the next time the "uneducated classes" criticise dog ownership, maybe we should remind them of their Arab brethren who have the opposite behaviour!

bullylicious

May 2, 2005, 5:46 AM

Post #55 of 57 (1868 views)
Shortcut
Re: [joycet78] No of Dogs Allowed [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi,

If you are living in a terrace house in Subang Jaya then a maximum of 2 dogs are allowed only.I have went and applied license for my both English Bulldogs and I was informed with that.Hope that could be a help or you can get more infos by calling them personally or better still go there yourself.

BULLYLICIOUS INC SAYS "MESS WITH MY BULLDOGS,GET THE SLOBBERS!"

Toy
K9 Maniac

May 3, 2005, 7:08 PM

Post #56 of 57 (1833 views)
Shortcut
Re: [bullylicious] No of Dogs Allowed [In reply to] Can't Post

2 dogs for all terrace house?

bullylicious

May 3, 2005, 8:04 PM

Post #57 of 57 (1828 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Toy] No of Dogs Allowed [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Toy,

I was there at MPSJ not long ago and I was told 2 dogs maximum in terrace houses.It is best you call them personally and get all the possible infos you need.

BULLYLICIOUS INC SAYS "MESS WITH MY BULLDOGS,GET THE SLOBBERS!"

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my