No of Dogs Allowed

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

joycet78

Dec 21, 2003, 8:22 AM

Post #1 of 57 (5138 views)
Shortcut
No of Dogs Allowed Can't Post

Hi,

Could any one let me know if there are any limit of dogs that i can keep. I've just move from PJ to Subang.

As far as i know, i can keep any number as long as i have the space for them, right?

Coz the last time the DBKL made a fuss on this, only in KL did they limit the no to 2 for inter- mediate

right?

btw, i have 4 dogs, 2 GSD n 2 Shih Tzu.

looking forward to your replies.

rdgs
JT78

RealityDreamer
Doggyman

Dec 21, 2003, 10:41 PM

Post #2 of 57 (5133 views)
Shortcut
Re: [joycet78] No of Dogs Allowed [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi,Smile

I'm not to sure.....

but it depends on how big your place is..the bigger the space..the more dogs u can keep.
,-._,-.
\/)"(\/
(_o_)

melissa
ALPHA

Dec 23, 2003, 2:41 AM

Post #3 of 57 (5119 views)
Shortcut

I'm staying in Seri Kemgangan and is under MPSJ (Majlis Perbandaran Subang Jaya).

MPSJ only allow two dogs in a terrece house and they have very strict rule if you want to get a lisence.

So are you staying in a terrece house?

Click here to join Poodles' Friendly Gang ListSmile

My three furkids ^_^ Gigi, Cherry & Belle ^_^

melissa
ALPHA

Dec 24, 2003, 2:14 AM

Post #4 of 57 (5113 views)
Shortcut
Re: [melissa] No of Dogs Allowed [In reply to] Can't Post

MPSJ just add a new rule, besides the vaccination record, you have to get your neighbour's consent before yould get the license.

So I guess this is a big trouble for us, I'm not sure if my Malay neighbour will agree to sign the form or not Unsure

icezcream
Ultra ALPHA

Dec 24, 2003, 2:51 AM

Post #5 of 57 (5112 views)
Shortcut

why must we get neighbour's consent before applying for a license?? didn't you guys protest?? frankly, it's kinna stupid rule. not giving freedom to own a dog..MadMad

-= There are no bad breeds, just bad breeding=-

Got Dalmatian??Click Here..
Got Mixed Breed??Click here...

melissa
ALPHA

Dec 24, 2003, 2:57 AM

Post #6 of 57 (5111 views)
Shortcut
Re: [icezcream] No of Dogs Allowed [In reply to] Can't Post

I saw from the newspaper that there is one case the neighbour refused to sign the form, end up this lady has to go to MPSJ to appeal again.

Must protest lah, I don't know how to handle this if my future neighbours (I'm going to move to a new house soon and my neighbours are malay) refuse to sign the form as well.

If MPSJ refuse to approve my license, I think I will ignore it and prepare to receive the summons Mad, there is no way to ask me to abandon my doggies.

I was told by a friend who stays in KK that Shah Alam also has the same rule Pirate.

icezcream
Ultra ALPHA

Dec 24, 2003, 3:07 AM

Post #7 of 57 (5109 views)
Shortcut

should protest. What if you have a neighbor from hell?? Doesn't wanna sign for no apparent reason...MadMad

true la..i also don't have the heart to abandon my doggies. Prepare to receive summones lor.. Just Do It!!Laugh

-= There are no bad breeds, just bad breeding=-

Got Dalmatian??Click Here..
Got Mixed Breed??Click here...

joycet78

Dec 27, 2003, 7:41 AM

Post #8 of 57 (5105 views)
Shortcut

Hi all,

Thanks for all your replies. Wow! this is really really tough!!

What are we going to do? Having 4 dogs and one malay neighbour on one side,

how on earth am I going to get consent for the license?

How do we protest? Where to go? What is the best way to do this?

Can anyone help?!!! I am really really am desperate!!
JT78

melissa
ALPHA

Dec 28, 2003, 6:32 AM

Post #9 of 57 (5099 views)
Shortcut

Understand from the newspaper that they do have a special unit to handle the rejection if your neighbour doesn't want to sign the approval form.

Are you staying in a corner lot? Or the middle unit? I would suggest you to talk to your neighbour first, give them some kuih-muih, hehehe) and tell them that you are going to raise the dogs. In the meantime, try to convince and prove yourself that your dogs will not interupt or caused inconveniences to them.

If they really don't want to sign, then you have no choice but have to bring this matter to the MPSJ's special unit.

BTW, are all the four dogs registered under your name?

joycet78

Dec 29, 2003, 6:22 AM

Post #10 of 57 (5093 views)
Shortcut

Hi Melissa,

have spoken to my neighbour just this evening, they wanted to know if MPSJ allows it. If MPSJ 's okay, then thy can;t say no, otherwise, they prefer that I don't keep all of them...

No not all of them are registered under my name, will that help?

rdgs
JT78

melissa
ALPHA

Dec 29, 2003, 8:16 AM

Post #11 of 57 (5088 views)
Shortcut

MPSJ only allowed 2 dogs in a link house so I guess you will be facing a big problemUnsure.

actually it doesn't help but I'm thinking of a tricky idea on getting the license...

I think you still need to talk to ur neighbour again to convince them that your dogs will not disturb them.

If your two shih tzu are staying inside the house I guess it shouldn't be a big problem to gain their confidence :).

Actually, I'm facing the same problem as I have 3 dogs Unsure

hunter
Ultra ALPHA

Dec 29, 2003, 8:20 PM

Post #12 of 57 (5083 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ALL] No of Dogs Allowed [In reply to] Can't Post

hi guys

yea, i've heard about it and the new ruling is totally absurd >:( !!!!

there's no reason we should ask neighbour's permission to keep dogs. as long as we're responsible enough it shouldn't cause a problem. if there really is a problem then the neighbours could file complaints.

anyway, wanna ask if any MPSJ officer actually came to your doorstep to check for dog license before??? i know it doesn't occured to me before. i only have one dog, but if i were u guys with more than 2 dogs, i would just forget about getting the licenses if they won't bother to come check.

regards,
hunter

melissa
ALPHA

Dec 29, 2003, 10:11 PM

Post #13 of 57 (5079 views)
Shortcut
Re: [hunter] No of Dogs Allowed [In reply to] Can't Post

If there is ppl complained about our dogs, they will issue summon. According to one of my friend, she received 100 summons over the last three years but she doesn't bother to go to MPSJ to pay. So far, she's still able to keep her dogs.

That's why I'm try to tell Joycet78 that maybe she can get the rest of the licenses by applying from a different address. Since many ppl dun really understand the rule, as long as we do our part as a responsible owner, I think we can keep them all.

The area that I'm staying now is a new village, so I face no problem as MPSJ officer doesn't come and check. I guess they are afraid to come to new village as almost every house has more than 2 dogs Tongue!

But I will be moving to a new house soon and that is a link house Unsure. I have basically talk to my malay neighbour that I have three dogs but I didn't tell them that MPSJ only allow 2 dogs Tongue.

However, even we can do this kind of tricky thing, we still need to do our part. I guess my sitution is better than Joycet78 as I will be staying in a corner lot. I'm planning to put them all in the corner area when we are out for work instead of putting them in the front or at the back of the house. I have put extra efford to higher the fencing so that my dogs won't bark unnecessary which will disturb the neighbours. For pee & poo, I have also asked the contractor to go through the MH as well. If no smell, no excessive bark and our doggies are all very good temparement, I dun think they can find any reason to complain.

Well, the new ruling is just to make sure there is no complaints, you know lar, gov. is always kiasi one mah!

dmax
Enthusiast

Dec 30, 2003, 2:16 AM

Post #14 of 57 (5071 views)
Shortcut

hi melissa,

when and where did u hear about dog owners need to get consent from neighbours before MPSJ will issue license. One of my neighbours may not consent because she doesn't like dogs and always complained that all her neighbours' dogs are making so much noises.

Need to get all these ready cause need to renew our doggies' license soon. Though we have 3 dogs, we can only have 2 license only. Guess we will have to get another license from somewhere. The authority is making more difficult for dog owners. Dog owners too are having more and more dogs :)

Join the JRT Zone

melissa
ALPHA

Dec 30, 2003, 5:44 AM

Post #15 of 57 (5063 views)
Shortcut
Re: [dmax] No of Dogs Allowed [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Dmax

Got the info from last week's newspaper and was talking to my friend that I will never move to Kota Kemuning as they have this kind of rule but now is MPSJ's turn :(

Have tried to log in to MPSJ's website but found nothing (useless website). If you happen to renew the license, pls keep us inform what's the actual situation.

You may try to ask your friend to get the license for your third doggy then.

dmax
Enthusiast

Jan 1, 2004, 1:58 AM

Post #16 of 57 (5051 views)
Shortcut

Hi melissa,

Thanks for your info. Will update u once we get our licence. Anyway, our neighbours are chinese, so I think we just need to persuade them to sign if really need to.

I think this new ruling is ridiculous. I would think that because of this ruling, more dog owners will not even want to renew or apply for dog license. They will lose out at the end in term of collection.

Some owners will just simply sign the form on behalf of their neighbours just to get the license. Don't think MPSJ will visit all the dog owners' neighbour to confirm.

By the way, wish you and your family a happy new year. We will be at KLCC tonight to see fireworks. :)

Join the JRT Zone

ROSANNAMCCALL
Novice

Jan 1, 2004, 6:54 AM

Post #17 of 57 (5046 views)
Shortcut

Hi,

I think that's a brillant idea, who would actually know right? They have no signature cards to compare or even the neighbours' phone no to call to confirm... at last.. i think Joycet78, you can enjoy your new year

See you guys at KLCC tonite!
Rosann

johnjg75
New User

Jan 2, 2004, 3:29 AM

Post #18 of 57 (5037 views)
Shortcut

Well.. i got 3 dogs..going to be 4 soon. I am currently staying in Puchong. My left and right neighbours are Malays. I got summon by MPSJ cause they complain that my dog shit on my car porch and i didin't wash. How do i wash it when i am out working? MPSJ is really a un-reasonable. Anyway, I manage to obtain dog license for all my dogs thru a pet shop...need to pay some kopi money ....

melissa
ALPHA

Jan 2, 2004, 6:02 AM

Post #19 of 57 (5034 views)
Shortcut
Re: [johnjg75] No of Dogs Allowed [In reply to] Can't Post

Hey johnjg75,

Did you bother to pay the summons? Do you neighbour actually knows that MPSJ only allow two dogs?

The new ruling will definitely give the following impacts:-

1. like Dmax said, this might discourage the dog owners to renew the license. Not sure if anyone recall that two years ago MPSJ wanted to increase the license fee to RM50? I was so angry and decided to discountinue the renewal of my doggies licenses. Now none of my doggies have licenses Mad.

2. Dog owners will use other jalan to get the license, MPSJ's officers in the end makan kenyang kenyang already Mad, this is poor Malaysia always say "MALAYSIA BOLEH" but imposing rediculous policy Pirate.

johnjg75
New User

Jan 3, 2004, 3:05 AM

Post #20 of 57 (5027 views)
Shortcut

Well..i have decided to shift to a bigger hse becuase of my doggies. I already found very big conner lot hse with very big compount.

melissa
ALPHA

Jan 3, 2004, 6:35 AM

Post #21 of 57 (5022 views)
Shortcut
Re: [johnjg75] No of Dogs Allowed [In reply to] Can't Post

Really admired you and a big salute too!

If I could afford, I will also want to move but will make sure to stay away from the territory under MPSJ Unsure.

ladee_m
Doggyman

Jan 3, 2004, 10:44 PM

Post #22 of 57 (5016 views)
Shortcut

Hi all

Maybe we could bring this matter up to Badawi's office...he has this new thing going that we can make our complains to him... let him know how the Majlis Perbandaran is doing their job... what kinna logic they have... and they are always picking on our DOGS... what about cats... I am sure that there are more cats causing damages than dogs... better use their time to pick up 'lepakers' in the park and malls than disturb our pooches... those youngsters that lepak around are more a danger to the country than our dogs...

As it is we have to pay for liciences and now ask permission from neighbours to own dogs!!!... next time have to ask permission to buy furniture too huh?... 2 dogs in a house... doesn't it matters if the size of the dogs are different or do they not know such a thing exist - SIZE... since they seems not to know much and laze their big fat arse and just listen to their kind of ppl talk and act to it... my kindie kids can come out wit better ideas than them... ask permission to own dogs!.. tell them "what I own is none of your business as long as it is in my property"... our doggies is in our property not out in the streets... ciss... I say we boycot them... all is the same..they don't recpect our furkids which happends to be smarter than them, we give them none too... Tongue after all they can't even keep the bandar clean as they should...

CLICK ON =>Poodles' Friendly Gang ListSmile

I wonder if other dogs think poodles are members of a weird religious cult.

(This post was edited by ladee_m on Jan 3, 2004, 10:47 PM)

melissa
ALPHA

Jan 5, 2004, 2:09 AM

Post #23 of 57 (5008 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ladee_m] No of Dogs Allowed [In reply to] Can't Post

U r right I'm also very angry not only on this matter but rgd my house Mad.

We hv paid so much to get a house and when come to renovation, we have to apply and it had taken us 9 months to get the approval as we didn't pay the rasuah!

Besides, that, they have so many restrictions, front facade cannot change design lah, corner lot with only 20 feet in width cannot do extension lah and etc etc etc. Come on lah, this is my house and I'm doing my own renovation inside the area that I hv paid, what's wrong with that?

Eventually, I have broken the rule, just prepare to receive the summon Mad!

a_evie
Doggyman

Jan 5, 2004, 6:46 PM

Post #24 of 57 (5000 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ladee_m] No of Dogs Allowed [In reply to] Can't Post

i think a visit to uncle badawi or even a signed petition would do some good.

its absurd...to the very max. i have had a neighbour from hell who complained of my doggie crackers. basically she was an anti social personlah. she picks on everything. just because my doggie barks with joy (soprano style) when i return from college...she complained that my doggie was noisy. i asked my landlord and also othet housemates whether crackers was noisy in my absence and they all said she was quiet. did not bother to bark at all. just wag her tail when they returned.

but this neighbour from hell had a change of mind when one night someone tried to break into her car parked outside her porch and crackers barked till the neighbours got up and alerted her. after that she even told my landlord that it was good that i brought crackers to stay with me. gila neighbour.. and i certainly didn't miss her when i moved to my own place 1 year later.

but what's the prob of with having a dog in an apartment. i lived in a hdb flat before...and so many people have dogs too and no complains! aiyah...in malaysia, apartments cannot keep doggies especially when you have mafan neighbours.

if they say no pets allowed. they might well enforce it properly to exclude fish and white mice and hamsters and cats...why pick on dogs?

ladee_m
Doggyman

Jan 5, 2004, 9:22 PM

Post #25 of 57 (4996 views)
Shortcut
Re: [a_evie] No of Dogs Allowed [In reply to] Can't Post

HI a_evie Wink

I agree with the no pets allowed notion... those other animals are also considered pets... like I said, they are pure ST*P*D Mad ... why come up with silly rules and regulation when all the sitizens do is mock and ridicule it... not to mention burdening our lives...all this sihat M'sia thing they promote should be in the dumps as it contradicts totally to the main purpose... how can we be 'sihat' when we are constantly worrying over the safety of our pets being taken away coz we did not get our neighbour's approval... the majlis perbandaran is pure d*mb!

CLICK ON =>Poodles' Friendly Gang ListSmile

I wonder if other dogs think poodles are members of a weird religious cult.

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my