Home: Dog and Puppy Training: Dog Obedience Training & General Training Topics:
shih tzu potty

a_evie
Doggyman

Dec 20, 2003, 6:19 PM

Post #1 of 7 (1425 views)
Shortcut
shih tzu potty Can't Post

ok...so shalom is getting better (yeah!) Wink at her potty...

BUT it only happens when we are out. the moment we are home...she pees on the floor not the newspaper Mad

i played with her this morning...played catching...her favourite (at least for now) and then i let her into the bathroom for business time. she walked around the papers...and then proceeded to walk away and ...had to pee on the floor that i just washed!

alamaks....macam mana?Crazy

surchinmy
Ultra ALPHA

Dec 20, 2003, 7:30 PM

Post #2 of 7 (1422 views)
Shortcut
Re: [a_evie] shih tzu potty [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi ...

Puppies usually eliminate soon after they eat ... so you can try giving your puppy's meals at times when you have best opportunity to direct/supervise her elimination to the correct place ...

When a pup eliminates in the wrong place you need to act immediately and correct ... Check your training manual for proper correction method ...

Here is a thread that might assist:

www.puppy.com.my/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=61360;#61360

Cheers Smile

(This post was edited by surchinmy on Dec 20, 2003, 7:32 PM)

a_evie
Doggyman

Dec 22, 2003, 8:12 PM

Post #3 of 7 (1406 views)
Shortcut
Re: [surchinmy] shih tzu potty [In reply to] Can't Post

thanx for the thread recommendations.

shalom has improved tremendously...i realised that oretty much she does her business at teh wrong place when she is distracted and still wants to play on. so everytime someone heras the paper sound, they are to go peep at her and when she finishes, praise her.

that seems to work these days except the part of "accidentally" sstepping on her own pee and poop.

pepper trick seems to work on the poo a little.

on the walking on pee issue, we will try to lift her off the pee asap. shih tzu's are quite smart in theeir own way. so we reckon she knows that touching or stepping on the wet ground is wrong...don;t think she knows clean and dirty.

surchinmy
Ultra ALPHA

Dec 22, 2003, 8:41 PM

Post #4 of 7 (1403 views)
Shortcut

Sounds like things are falling together ... well done Smile ...

Don't know what you mean by pepper trick though ... are you using pepper as some kind of deterent?

Cheers

a_evie
Doggyman

Dec 22, 2003, 8:46 PM

Post #5 of 7 (1401 views)
Shortcut

i guess poop probably taste rather good to shalom...Mad

but the pepper is spicy (coarse black pepper) that we use for black pepper steak...would certainly not taste good...

so these days we see the new poop untouch to a large extent. she does not even flick them around like a game.

but i read somewhere...don't know where liao..that pepper is recommended is recommended to stop pups from biting furniture. i think tabasco works too.

so i translated pepper on furniture to pepper of shalom's poop!Smile

surchinmy
Ultra ALPHA

Dec 22, 2003, 8:50 PM

Post #6 of 7 (1400 views)
Shortcut

Ah ... okies ...

Yes ... good to get the little 'un off the idea of eating her own poop as soon as possible ... good luck ...

Cheers Smile

a_evie
Doggyman

Dec 24, 2003, 11:43 PM

Post #7 of 7 (1390 views)
Shortcut

mission accomplished.

no more eating poop...but had to mix garlic in her wet food (which she actually ate...hungry i guess)

AND the whole bathroom smells real bad of garlic...no wonder she does not even want to eat it...

but the prob is still there in the sense that she has resorted to playing with her poo instead. boredom?

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my