Home: Dog and Puppy Training: Dog Obedience Training & General Training Topics:
turning yellow

a_evie
Doggyman

Dec 20, 2003, 6:14 PM

Post #1 of 5 (1072 views)
Shortcut
turning yellow Can't Post

my pup is turning yellow at her bum area and hind legs. i think its because of her pee. she has a nick for sitting on her pee from time to time.

so i resorted to washing her with shampoo and water in those areas everyday! still turning yellower.

what do i do? cut off the fur in those area?

surchinmy
Ultra ALPHA

Dec 20, 2003, 7:18 PM

Post #2 of 5 (1069 views)
Shortcut
Re: [a_evie] turning yellow [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi ...

If the stains are coming from her pee, then yes, trim the area and keep it short for the time being ...

Cheers Smile

a_evie
Doggyman

Dec 22, 2003, 8:15 PM

Post #3 of 5 (1055 views)
Shortcut
Re: [surchinmy] turning yellow [In reply to] Can't Post

ok...will trim her then.

but is shampooing the area once a day too much?

or should i just resort to wiping her? and wiping with just water? warm or normal room temperature?

she has been good during her shower and mini wash sessions. i think she likes the warm water or maybe she has taken to the water idea very well.Smile

surchinmy
Ultra ALPHA

Dec 22, 2003, 8:38 PM

Post #4 of 5 (1053 views)
Shortcut
Re: [a_evie] turning yellow [In reply to] Can't Post

Well ...

Washing a dog too often is not normally recommended ... it can dry out their coat & skin ... But now that you trim the area - maybe it won't get as dirty and a wipe with a damp cloth (warm or room temperature is okay) will be sufficient ... Remember, the drier a dog's coat the less it smells ... so, do dry the area after wiping with damp cloth ... Smile

Cheers

a_evie
Doggyman

Dec 22, 2003, 8:42 PM

Post #5 of 5 (1051 views)
Shortcut
Re: [surchinmy] turning yellow [In reply to] Can't Post

ok...

thanx a million drillion....from shalom too...she;s sitting on the keyboard now....Cool

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my