Home


  Main Index MAIN
INDEX
FAQ FAQ & HELP FAQ PHOTO GALLERY Who's Online WHO'S
ONLINE
Log in LOG
IN

Home: Dog & Puppy Health: General Dog Health and Care:
swallowed something







glass_mermaid
Novice

Dec 15, 2003, 7:01 PM

Post #1 of 7 (402 views)
Shortcut
swallowed something Can't Post

what do i do if my dog swallows something which is around 1cm by 1 cm in size? is it harmful to him?


PyRoMaNiAc
Canine Addict


Dec 15, 2003, 7:41 PM

Post #2 of 7 (399 views)
Shortcut
Re: [glass_mermaid] swallowed something [In reply to] Can't Post

It depends on how big your dog is, and what the thing he swallowed was. Please be more specific. I wouldn't worry if your dog is acting normal. Usually, if the dog is choking, you'd know pretty much immediately Wink

If you were refering to digestion of the "thing", then you'll have to let us know what it is. If it was food, it should be OK. If it was something impossible to digest (i.e. a piece of Lego), then hopefully it will be expelled in his stool.

-= Tisha =-


melissa
ALPHA


Dec 15, 2003, 7:58 PM

Post #3 of 7 (397 views)
Shortcut
Re: [glass_mermaid] swallowed something [In reply to] Can't Post

Hey there!

How old is your dog? It could be dangerous to puppy if they swallow something which is unable to digest Pirate.

My ECS used to play coin with my cousin and accidently she swallowed the coins (20 cents or 50 cents coin) Crazy. If 20 cents coin, it will come out with the poo poo but for 50 cents coin (bigger size), she will vommit it out.

But if the stuff doesn't come out after few days and if there is any sign of sickness, would advise you to bring your doggie to the vet



Click here to join Poodles' Friendly Gang ListSmile


My three furkids ^_^ Gigi, Cherry & Belle ^_^



glass_mermaid
Novice

Dec 15, 2003, 8:46 PM

Post #4 of 7 (395 views)
Shortcut
Re: [PyRoMaNiAc] swallowed something [In reply to] Can't Post

my dog is a shih tzu, he's around 5-6 kg. he swallowed something like a ceramic thing, on a hair clip. It's roughly, 1 cm by 1 cm big. it's quite thin. He wasn't choking though. btw, if the dog isn't eating, what should i do?


RealityDreamer
Doggyman


Dec 16, 2003, 8:58 AM

Post #5 of 7 (388 views)
Shortcut
Re: [glass_mermaid] swallowed something [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm not so sure abt smaller dogs,but mine used to eat stones and they would just leave her body the other way. She's a cocker mix terrier around 8-9kgs.

Is the not eating/lack of appetite caused by swallowing the ceramic?
,-._,-.
\/)"(\/
(_o_)



surchinmy
Ultra ALPHA

Dec 18, 2003, 7:09 AM

Post #6 of 7 (376 views)
Shortcut
Re: [glass_mermaid] swallowed something [In reply to] Can't Post

Hello ...

The 1cm by 1cm doesn't sound so bad ... but it may be a problem if it's thin & long ...

Has it passed out yet? ... If not - then may be best if you take your dog to the vet for an x-ray ... Better to be safe ...

Cheers


glass_mermaid
Novice

Dec 18, 2003, 11:13 PM

Post #7 of 7 (370 views)
Shortcut
Re: [surchinmy] swallowed something [In reply to] Can't Post

yes, it's passed out through his poopoo and he seems fine now.........thanks for the help.........i was so worried the other day.......

 
 




Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my