Home: Dog and Puppies Talk: General:
"young orange, cream, red and sable puppies appear gray"

pom755
Novice

Dec 12, 2003, 12:47 AM

Post #1 of 2 (1305 views)
Shortcut
"young orange, cream, red and sable puppies appear gray" Can't Post

I read this information about pomeranian and they say "Many Poms are mis-labeled wolf sable (the color of a Norwegian Elkhound) as young orange, cream, red and sable puppies appear gray - this color is extremely rare in adults." is that true? So if we buy a gray pom then we get to have a surprise of what color it will be when it grow up?

Also, if I want an adult pom to be like this then what kind of color of a puppy pom should I get? I saw one like this , but I'm affraid the result will be like . Usually when a pom grow up do their coat tend to become lighter? or darker? Which aldult pom will that puppy (pic above) gonna be when it's an adult? Can anyone guess?

RealityDreamer
Doggyman

Dec 12, 2003, 6:04 AM

Post #2 of 2 (1298 views)
Shortcut
Re: [pom755] "young orange, cream, red and sable puppies appear gray" [In reply to] Can't Post

Hello Smile

wow...you're really into poms aren't you? Laugh

Anyway,what I suggest you do is study the bloodline of the pup you're going to get. Talk to the breeder abt the pups that his dogs has produced and what colour they are now.

I think the markings would remain the same red/orange and white. But for the colours...it might lighten or darken to a certain degree but not till it changes the whole colour of the dog.

Frm the pic,IMHO,i think he'll be red/orange and white.
,-._,-.
\/)"(\/
(_o_)

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my