Home: Breed Specific: Gundog Group:
Hi ... and an urgent question!

plutus
Novice

Dec 10, 2003, 10:46 PM

Post #1 of 4 (1032 views)
Shortcut
Hi ... and an urgent question! Can't Post

Hi all, just introduced myself in the intro section but thought i'd just connect with the rest of you in this particular group. My lab is about 4 months old. Anyway, a couple of days ago, I noticed his stools were a mix of firm and loose at the same time. He was particularly lethargic yesterday and refused to move when my son took him out for a walk. He wasn't quite interested in his food either and would only eat it when I added water (normally the bowl would empty in about a minute or so).

But this morning, he seemed to be his old rambunctious self again, jumping and nipping at me although his stool was still a bit loose.

Any advice from all the nice people here? Smile

boon
Doggyman

Dec 11, 2003, 1:08 AM

Post #2 of 4 (1022 views)
Shortcut
Re: [plutus] Hi ... and an urgent question! [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Plutus,

4 months old ? ok to me is most likely teething season, some dogs may have loose appetite and some soft stool, not to worry to much, keep ur eye on him/her. OK some may experience slight fewer also.

If the loose stool is not the bloody one, then should be ok. Or did u change the diet recently ?

Boon - I Love Fast Dogs That Hit Hard
You Ask Me To Fight For You, I Give You Freedom & Protection And Then You Question The Manner In Which I Provide It, I'd Rather You Just Said -- "Thank You" --

plutus
Novice

Dec 11, 2003, 1:19 AM

Post #3 of 4 (1020 views)
Shortcut
Re: [boon] Hi ... and an urgent question! [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Boon, thanks for the reply. You're probably right about his condition but will keep an eye on him. Just got a report from home that he's quite active again ... and eating his food, too.

thanks again

mackmack
Doggyman

Dec 11, 2003, 5:37 PM

Post #4 of 4 (1013 views)
Shortcut
Re: [plutus] Hi ... and an urgent question! [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi plutus~

Agree with Boon, not to worry too much, even for adult dogs, they do loose appetite once a while. For my dogs, they will fast themselves a day or two once every month.
During teething period, maybe feed him something moisture? maybe add some yogurt to his plain kibbles? When my Bean (beagle pup, 4+ mth) having yogurt or raw egg with his kibbles, his stool also like your dog's, soft and stiff at the same time, and i can see 2 diff colors on same stool. kekkekeke.... that assure me the input=output.Tongue

--I have Howling Bean and Lazy Mack.--

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my