Home

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
FAQ FAQ & HELP FAQ PHOTO GALLERY Who's Online WHO'S
IN

Home: Members' Area: Members' Introduction:
Hello one and all! proud new owner of a GSD Pup!

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

jtklee
Novice

Nov 5, 2002, 11:02 PM

Post #1 of 57 (2296 views)
Shortcut
Hello one and all! proud new owner of a GSD Pup! Can't Post

Hi there everyone! My name is JLee and I am the proud owner of a pedigree GSD pup. Her name is Jodie and I call her Di-Di at times.Smile

She is 10 weeks old and already very active. She's such a friendly pup and always ready to greet me when she sees me in the mornings and when I return from work. This is the best thing that ever happened to me since my last dog (a rottweiler) died due to old age.

I would like to get to know more GSD owners and share info and experience with them. I am not new to the dog scene but new to raising GSD pups.

Have a nice day everyone!

May
Old Hand

Nov 5, 2002, 11:54 PM

Post #2 of 57 (2289 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jtklee] Hello one and all! proud new owner of a GSD Pup! [In reply to] Can't Post

Welcome to the forum, JLee.

Are you from KL? Where do you get your pup from? A breeder?

jtklee
Novice

Nov 6, 2002, 12:08 AM

Post #3 of 57 (2288 views)
Shortcut
Re: [May] Hello one and all! proud new owner of a GSD Pup! [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi May

Thanks for the warm welcome! I live in Klang but work in KL. Yes, I got my pup from a breeder.

Sire is a really big dog imported from Germany. The Dam is also a pedigree but bred by a local. I got to see both the parents before I decided to buy from this breeder. They had a litter of 4 which means the pups have sufficient milk from the mother.

Do you own any GSDs? Feel free to ask me anything as I would be keen to learn from all you experienced dog owners!Smile

Jlee

May
Old Hand

Nov 6, 2002, 12:23 AM

Post #4 of 57 (2287 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jtklee] Hello one and all! proud new owner of a GSD Pup! [In reply to] Can't Post

I don't own a GSD. I own a 14 months old Shih Tzu mix. She's so naughty and manja.

What's your pup's name?

jtklee
Novice

Nov 6, 2002, 12:33 AM

Post #5 of 57 (2285 views)
Shortcut
Re: [May] Hello one and all! proud new owner of a GSD Pup! [In reply to] Can't Post

It's in the first post and you probably missed it!Wink

Anyway, her name is Jodie or Di-Di.

cdmoo
ALPHA

Nov 6, 2002, 12:45 AM

Post #6 of 57 (2283 views)
Shortcut

hi jlee,

welcome to the forum! it's indeed fortunate to meet the dam & sire before purchasing the pup.

have fun!

Smile
regards,

CD Moo

jtklee
Novice

Nov 6, 2002, 12:52 AM

Post #7 of 57 (2280 views)
Shortcut
Re: [cdmoo] Hello one and all! proud new owner of a GSD Pup! [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi cdmoo

Yes indeed! I really wanted to see how the parents behave and also how the pups behave in front of theie parents. While I know this doesn't guarantee me a good temperament dog in future, at least I can be assured that it would have a good reasonable character!Smile

Thanks again for the welcome. I will have my hands full everyday now that Jodie is with us.

boon
Doggyman

Nov 6, 2002, 4:06 AM

Post #8 of 57 (2275 views)
Shortcut

Hi JLee,

Welcome to the forum, nice to meet u here and hope u find this forum useful. I adopted a 1 and half years old GSD (Female, Anne, Pedegree) from friend. She is in terrible condition when i got her about a months or 2 ago. Now she is "OK" still is recovering stage, but look much better and still i need to take good care of her for another 2 months or so to make her fully recovered.

She is a very lovely female GSD, but sometime i just don understand how can the previous owner abuse/cruel her like that. Of course not my friend, but my friend gave her to my freiend's friend in Ipoh. U can check out more about Anne in one of the post originally posted by Valery (forum member) and i replied to her. :) happy hunting for the post.

Boon - I Love Fast Dogs That Hit Hard
You Ask Me To Fight For You, I Give You Freedom & Protection And Then You Question The Manner In Which I Provide It, I'd Rather You Just Said -- "Thank You" --

Khoobg
Webmaster

Nov 6, 2002, 4:16 AM

Post #9 of 57 (2274 views)
Shortcut

Hello Johnson,

Welcome to the dog forum Smile

Dog Obedience and Agility - http://www.puppy.com.my/ob/
Events' Pictures - http://www.doggie.com.my
Online Pets Memorial - http://www.rainbowsbridge.com.my

evehock
Enthusiast

Nov 6, 2002, 6:13 AM

Post #10 of 57 (2269 views)
Shortcut

Hello JLee,

Welcome to the forum... I own a X-GSD... 90% GSD and 10% X...Tongue

eve

arthur
ALPHA

Nov 6, 2002, 9:59 AM

Post #11 of 57 (2262 views)
Shortcut

Hi Jtklee,

Welcome to the forum and congrats on your new GSD puppy Jodie!

Well, you certainly started on a good footing in being able to see her sire and dam plus her litter mates interaction. Did you select Jodie yourself? Or did she "selected" you instead?Wink

Rdgs Arthur

jtklee
Novice

Nov 6, 2002, 6:31 PM

Post #12 of 57 (2251 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Khoobg] Hello one and all! proud new owner of a GSD Pup! [In reply to] Can't Post

Hello Webmaster Khoo, Arthur, Eve and Boon

Thanks for all the warm welcome messages. I am really looking forward to learning from all of you. Thanks to Mr Khoo for the advice rendered earlier before I made my choice.

Also, Boon how very kind of you to adopt a GSD that has been abused. I am sure with your tender loving care, she will in no time be "normal" again.Smile

As for Eve, your GSD even with some mixed breed genes is still as good looking and adorable!Smile

Arthur, I have read some of your posts and would like to learn much more about dogs from you!

Now that I have a new puppy, can someone recommend to me a good and reliable pet shop that sells allt he dog/puppy accessories without burning too big a hole in my pocket!Wink

I live in Klang but works at Damansara Heights so any shop around the Damansara, TTDI, PJ, Subang, KL and Klang areas are OK with me. Thanks in advance. Hopefully the shop you guys recommend will also be reasonable in their prices. What's a good chew toy to buy for a 10 week old pup?

Rgds
Jlee

Khoobg
Webmaster

Nov 6, 2002, 8:31 PM

Post #13 of 57 (2246 views)
Shortcut

Hi Johnson,

The pet shop in Mid Valley City does carry a wide range of Pet Accessories except that the prices are fixed. Most smaller pet shop outside will be able to offer you some discount. For example, you may get 10 ~ 15% for dog food and others.

Keeping a GSD will not burn a big holes in your pocket when compared to KOI. Some of the simple needs of your GSD is dog food, some vitamin supplements, heartworm prevention tablets, toys (Read This Thread for Kong Toy),.... As the number of pets shop in KL and PJ is quite a lot, you will find that most listed price are quite similar. As for koi, it is totally opposite. I used to pay RM 10.00 per gram for dimilin at Arowana and in contrast, I paid only RM 1.00 per gram at Cheras Aquarium.

Cheers

Dog Obedience and Agility - http://www.puppy.com.my/ob/
Events' Pictures - http://www.doggie.com.my
Online Pets Memorial - http://www.rainbowsbridge.com.my

kumar
Novice

Nov 6, 2002, 8:32 PM

Post #14 of 57 (2246 views)
Shortcut

Hi jtkLee,

I am from Klang too, i have GSD now it were 11 Months old, can be said over active Blush. Keep in touch. We can share more info about GSD.

Best regards,

Kumar...

jtklee
Novice

Nov 6, 2002, 11:34 PM

Post #15 of 57 (2237 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Khoobg] Hello one and all! proud new owner of a GSD Pup! [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Mr Khoo

Thanks for the advice. The article on the Kong is great!Smile I found one pet shop in TTDI (beside KFC) and I thought they stock quite a lot of stuff besides the dog food.

I will go and take a look this weekend and maybe if the price is right, do some doggy shopping!Laugh

Hi Kumar

Nice to know that there's someone in Klang who also owns a GSD! Hope to hear from you more!

Jlee

HWONG
Novice

Nov 7, 2002, 8:07 PM

Post #16 of 57 (2224 views)
Shortcut

JTKLEE,

I thought you sounded familiar but of course WM Khoo got it 1st lah. From your description of the purchase, I dont think the pup is from the working line you discussed with me about. Its good you got to see the sire and dam. Any decent breeder will let you do that unless he has somthing to hide or he is just a trader. Hope you will rediscover the joy and agony of dog ownership. Have you aslo sorted out the crating at the kitchen and the kennel? Now you have 2 mistresses: Koi and dog.

As for me ,I am glad my wife took to our dane quite enthusiastically. Now he listen to her more than I. By the way if you decide to buy the KONG, the black one I find is too hard for the dog's liking.

Well enjoy and I ll see you at Andy's at 4.00pm on the 16th.

abby
Novice

Nov 7, 2002, 10:31 PM

Post #17 of 57 (2215 views)
Shortcut

Smilehello! May, i'm ammie, i own a shih tzu too, now is 2 yrs old..mine is tri colour, pure breed.Smile i like big dog too..

jtklee
Novice

Nov 12, 2002, 6:32 PM

Post #18 of 57 (2190 views)
Shortcut
Re: [HWONG] Hello one and all! proud new owner of a GSD Pup! [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Hwong

How was your holiday? I just got back from a short holiday myself. Good to get away for a while sometime!Smile

Yes, when I discussed with you the pup I had in mind, it was indeed from a working line but unfortunately I couldn't get to see the dam let alone the sire!Frown Moreover, the breeder was too keen to push the pup to me and sounded disappointed when I said I need time to consider. He didn't even ask me whether I have room to house my pup or not. Dodgy.....dodgy....

Anyway, through another friend, I found another dog breeder and this time round I spent close to 3 hrs observing the sire and dam and also all the available pups. I chose the one that is of medium temperament not too shy and not hyperactive.

Yes, I have purchased a 4' x 4' crate to be used as her bed/playpen. Oh yeah, I bought the red medium sized kong after I read your post that the black one was too hard and not easy to use. This one, I could stuff cheese, peanut butter and other goodies in there for her to have hours of entertainment!Laugh

Thanks for the advice rendered. Very much appreciated. See you on Sat then! Cheers!

JLee

PyRoMaNiAc
Canine Addict

Nov 12, 2002, 9:35 PM

Post #19 of 57 (2182 views)
Shortcut

Welcome to the forum Smile. I used to own an absolutely gorgeous female GSD (I'm a bit biased Tongue). Now I own a DObermann and a mixed-breed pup.

-= Tisha =-

Dakin
Novice

Nov 16, 2002, 8:15 PM

Post #20 of 57 (2165 views)
Shortcut

Hi JLee,

Can you email me the breeder contact? My brother is looking to get a dog that is trainable to be friendly, and yet can be a good guard dog. Appreciate any pointers can you give with regards to selecting a dog/breeder. Thx.

Cheers

serene_kwlim
K9 Maniac

Dec 25, 2002, 12:49 AM

Post #21 of 57 (2135 views)
Shortcut

Hi jtklee,

i am serene from klang too, and i also owned a GSD female Named Jamie she's now 11 months! i'm a 100% GSD fan!

Welcome to the forum! which part of klang ar u staying ? as u said u buy ur GSD from a breeder! is he staying in klang too?

i bought my GSD from a klang pet shop! hope to hear more from u and Jodie soon..

regards,
Serene Lim
My furkids: Jamie & Max.

Jamie's WebSite
GSD Owner? Pls add in!

Jamie's Dogster
Max's Dogster

bosco
Novice

Jan 2, 2003, 10:15 AM

Post #22 of 57 (2117 views)
Shortcut

we are new parents too, CONGRADULATIONS however we are still adjusting...Crazy

our dog is also a gsd, mom purebred and dad too, but served as a police dog. his name is bosco and he is 8 weeks old. It would be great to share our joys and other experiences.SmileFrownwe are always trying to look for better and more invigorating ways to deal with the long puppyhood ahead of us.Unsure(a heads up on what to expect) how you are training yours? crate? confined room? what are your achievements? we will start our puppy kindergaten on january 9 th. Angelic we'll keep in touch, hopefully..

with Bosco we have a rabbit named Tanner and cat named Mystic. do you have any animals to introduce jodie to?

jtklee
Novice

Jan 2, 2003, 6:51 PM

Post #23 of 57 (2111 views)
Shortcut
Re: [serene_kwlim] Hello one and all! proud new owner of a GSD Pup! [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Serene

A belated Happy New Year to you and Jamie! Sorry I didnt get to read the posts as I was away until now.

I live at Taman Bukit Cemerlang (if you have not heard of it, I am not surprised). It is near Taman Rashna (where the Teluk Pulai Bakuteh is) and also where the Chinese school is located.

Which part of Klang are you?

Jodie is now 4 months plus. She will be 5 mths on the 17th Jan! Your Jamie must be very big now!

Yes, I bought her from a breeder in Seremban. I was quite choosy as I wanted to the puppies' mom and dad before buying. She is very obedient and I have taught her the basics like "sit, down, stay, come, heel etc...."

Would you be going to CY Phang's birthday celebration this 25th? If so, I can meet you there! Otherwise, you can let me know where you stay and we can get Jodie and Jamie together.

Cheers!

serene_kwlim
K9 Maniac

Jan 2, 2003, 8:43 PM

Post #24 of 57 (2103 views)
Shortcut

dear jtklee,

hey, i'm staying in there too... ur house is no. ?

regards,
Serene Lim
My furkids: Jamie & Max.

Jamie's WebSite
GSD Owner? Pls add in!

Jamie's Dogster
Max's Dogster

jtklee
Novice

Jan 3, 2003, 2:55 AM

Post #25 of 57 (2093 views)
Shortcut
Re: [serene_kwlim] Hello one and all! proud new owner of a GSD Pup! [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Serene

nice to know that you also live nearby! My address is 26 Jalan Batai Laut 10. What is yours?

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my