ricky
Enthusiast

Nov 4, 2002, 9:16 AM

Post #1 of 25 (3459 views)
Shortcut
Any one keeping Maltese?????????? Can't Post

Hi all,Smile

I'm planing to get a Maltese.

Can anywan tell me? who keeping a Maltese or who is the breeder of Maltese?

(Seem malaysia cant find a Maltese breeder , issint it?)

Regards,

RickyCool
friendly,
RicKY

shedawan
Novice

Nov 4, 2002, 3:21 PM

Post #2 of 25 (3453 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ricky] Any one keeping Maltese?????????? [In reply to] Can't Post

Hello morning Ricky,
I hate to say you are not really that correct.
Maltese breeders in Malaysia are less than 5.
If you are serious about it, shedawan aka Derrickok will show you the way or you could contact MKA and ask for details.
BTW Grooming for a Maltese is just as bad and difficult as your Am Cocker! Better think about this first or you will have no time left for your gf.
shedawan

4 ways to be GREAT: 1 Born with it. 2 Cultivate it. 3 Force on it. 4 Buy it.

Khoobg
Webmaster

Nov 4, 2002, 4:54 PM

Post #3 of 25 (3449 views)
Shortcut

Call MKA at for a list of Maltese Breeder and they should be more happy to serve you.

Cheers

Dog Obedience and Agility - http://www.puppy.com.my/ob/
Events' Pictures - http://www.doggie.com.my
Online Pets Memorial - http://www.rainbowsbridge.com.my

ricky
Enthusiast

Nov 5, 2002, 12:06 AM

Post #4 of 25 (3438 views)
Shortcut
Re: [shedawan] Any one keeping Maltese?????????? [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Uncle Derrick, Thank you for your advised.I will tell my gf if she really want to get a Maltese, she will have no time left for me .hahahahWink

By the way,Mr. Khoo, thank you for your information.

Cheers.

RickyWink
friendly,
RicKY

luckey
ALPHA

Nov 5, 2002, 12:12 AM

Post #5 of 25 (3437 views)
Shortcut

oh why a maltese? how about switching to english cocker? WinkWink like my cute lil' Luckey Cool

ricky
Enthusiast

Nov 5, 2002, 12:40 AM

Post #6 of 25 (3436 views)
Shortcut
Re: [luckey] Any one keeping Maltese?????????? [In reply to] Can't Post

Yes,English Cocker very nice like ur cute Luckey., I like it so much, but i prefer maltese and American Cocker.

Keep in touch luckey.

Regards,

RickyWink
friendly,
RicKY

alicia
Enthusiast

Nov 5, 2002, 6:18 PM

Post #7 of 25 (3424 views)
Shortcut

Dear Ricky

I have a Maltese. He is just over a year old now. Like the other forum members say, it is a real time consuming thing, grooming a maltese, especially if it isn't fond of it. Our Monty is very patient, having been handled daily by his previous owner, and it still took us about 45 minutes a day to keep it clean and knot free. He is now in a puppy cut, which many believe is a total waste of the beautiful white fur, but... i didn't buy the chap for his looks. And we are very active people, and hiking and 8 inch long, snow white fur don't mix very well.

However, I have just found out that there are two types of Maltese coat. One being the cotton coat and teh sillk coat. The cotton coat is actually a reason for disqualification, and is a sign of bad breeding. Monty hass a cotton coat. According to several people (other Malatese owners, friend who owns pet shop, etc) it is quite impoosible to find a "real" Maltese in Malaysia, as they are all bred from cotton coats. although these dogs are still wonderful, they look a bit like Bichon Frise.Laugh

Anyway, good luck to you in your search. If you are not bothered about absolute quality, then by all means go for it. But, don't get a Maltese from a pet shop unless they specifically import it over for you because a few of my friends did this, and were cheated. It is very difficult to judge what an adult dog will look like just from looking at a puppy. You really need to see parents, a previous litters, living condisions, etc. One of my friends realised that their purebred Maltese dog with papers etc, is more likely to be a maltese x toy poodle.
Alicia Ling Horsley

petepicure.wordpress.com/
pinkpetfood.blogspot.com/

"The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in time of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality."Dante

ricky
Enthusiast

Nov 6, 2002, 3:27 AM

Post #8 of 25 (3407 views)
Shortcut
Re: [alicia] Any one keeping Maltese?????????? [In reply to] Can't Post

Dear Alicia,

I hardly believe that your experience , advised and information that you deliver to me was really helpful and useful to me.

Thank you very much and your cooperation is highly appreciate.Wink

By the way, if we get a right time, hopefully i can visit ur Maltese and you as well.Blush

Regards,

Ricky
friendly,
RicKY

alicia
Enthusiast

Nov 6, 2002, 6:41 AM

Post #9 of 25 (3401 views)
Shortcut

ricky

it would be lovely to meet up with puppy.com.my members. like i said in a previous post, we should try to set a time to meet in taman rimba kiara, even if it's only a few of us.
Alicia Ling Horsley

petepicure.wordpress.com/
pinkpetfood.blogspot.com/

"The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in time of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality."Dante

mitzimist
New User

Feb 5, 2003, 6:44 PM

Post #10 of 25 (3345 views)
Shortcut
Re: [shedawan] Any one keeping Maltese?????????? [In reply to] Can't Post

Hello, I am a Maltese breeder from Australia. I am interested in importing my bloodines into your country. I have a little boy 11 weeks old available for sale. I also have a litter due any day now. My puppies are from Australian and UK championship bloodlines. My puppies are small to type. Anyone who may be interested in my maltese, please contact me.

KopiO
Novice

May 11, 2003, 7:54 AM

Post #11 of 25 (3222 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mitzimist] Any one keeping Maltese?????????? [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi shedawan,

I am looking for a female maltese. how much will it cost to get her to Malaysia???

Regards

kopiO

cris
Enthusiast

May 11, 2003, 2:18 PM

Post #12 of 25 (3216 views)
Shortcut

its better you tell us how much you selling and what the expenses will cost with the transportation etc. Will the puppy be guarantee if sickness occured within the period etc. etc.

Kuan_n_Keong
Novice

Jun 5, 2003, 11:21 AM

Post #13 of 25 (3175 views)
Shortcut

can u send the pup's pictures for a look 1st?...and how much does it cost?...waiting for ur reply.thanks!! Wink
*KuAn_n_Keong@Furbie*

benchan8
Novice

Jun 14, 2003, 11:42 PM

Post #14 of 25 (3143 views)
Shortcut

hi I have a maltese from australia. He is one years old now. Looking forward to buy another female maltese. How much are you selling?

In Reply To

benchan8
Novice

Jun 14, 2003, 11:52 PM

Post #15 of 25 (3142 views)
Shortcut

Hi Jane

I got my maltese from G.Barrette in Australia. He is abt 1 years old now. I have never tie my dog b4 and he follow me everywhere untie. I so planning to do the same with the younger ones. I live in penang. Can u let me know the costs to get a female maltese into penang?

elizatye
K9 Senior

Jun 16, 2003, 5:52 PM

Post #16 of 25 (3128 views)
Shortcut
Re: [benchan8] Any one keeping Maltese?????????? [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi, I am Penang lang too, currently I own a male Miniature Schnauzer.

Can I ask you some questions regarding Maltese ?? Is Maltese .. easy to take care ?? active ?? aggresive ?? need any grooming ?? intelligent ?? easy to train ?? easy to get in Penang ??

Smile Eliza

ashley
ALPHA

Jun 16, 2003, 6:50 PM

Post #17 of 25 (3124 views)
Shortcut
Re: [elizatye] Any one keeping Maltese?????????? [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Eliza u wan to change ur lover doggy from MS to Maltese lia???

I think Penang most cute maltese i saw is from the Amaza Pet shop !! So cute and like Angel!!Angelic
~~~ AsHLeY ~~~

()""..()
("'( ,0)
( G_)

benchan8
Novice

Jun 17, 2003, 1:03 AM

Post #18 of 25 (3115 views)
Shortcut

hi Eliza

Maltese are generally more difficult to take care than other dogs as their skin is like human, very sensitive and if you are not carefully, he will get skin diseases and the fur needs a lot of grooming like combing his fur every day unless you wants to cut it short. If you are carefully, it shouldn't be a problem. One more things, you wouldn't be able to resists his charm.

elizatye
K9 Senior

Jun 17, 2003, 6:02 PM

Post #19 of 25 (3106 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ashley] Any one keeping Maltese?????????? [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi, Ashley, Nolah, Yippi always on the first place in my heart Wink.

Just consider to get another dog to accompany Yippi. Actually I want to get another MS, but I am afraid I can't take care two MS at the same time, because they are very active and aggressive (Yippi for example Frown). So consider to get a toy group puppy that ... small in size... easy for me to carry here and there... not so noisy... not so aggressive... naughty is OK lar Wink... I am considering Maltese, toy Poodle, or long coat chi hua hua. But still under consideration lar Tongue, many thing to worry about... afraid that different breed whether can get along or not....

I like Maltese too, just like what you mentioned, they are like a little Angel Blush.

Smile Eliza

elizatye
K9 Senior

Jun 17, 2003, 6:10 PM

Post #20 of 25 (3105 views)
Shortcut
Re: [benchan8] Any one keeping Maltese?????????? [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi, Thanks for you information Smile. Do you have any picture of you furkid ?? Instead of MS, Maltese is the breed that I like most. They are really cute and adorable, like Ashley mentioned, like an Angel Blush. Do you consider to bring him to the training class ??

Smile Eliza

ashley
ALPHA

Jun 17, 2003, 9:35 PM

Post #21 of 25 (3099 views)
Shortcut

hi Eliza.
seen u like to groom doggie !! cos in ur list all are need to do grooming!!Crazy

If u looking for long hair chihuahua than me and Eric got gang lia!!! haha!!Sly

Maltese really sui may be we can go visit Ck cos i know he place got one Maltese!! Tongue
~~~ AsHLeY ~~~

()""..()
("'( ,0)
( G_)

elizatye
K9 Senior

Jun 17, 2003, 10:24 PM

Post #22 of 25 (3095 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ashley] Any one keeping Maltese?????????? [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi, Ashley, Grooming some times is quite troubling, but some times is quite challenging lor.. Wink The percentage to get a long coat chi hua hua is not high, the higher priority is still in MS Cool or Maltese Smile (but seems very hard to get in Penang Frown).

Wow, how many breed is CK keep ar, Chow Chow, GD, and now maltese Wink. Ask him to bring the Maltese to the coming BBQ outing lar..

Smile Eliza

sweeeng
ALPHA

Jul 2, 2003, 11:35 PM

Post #23 of 25 (3051 views)
Shortcut

I've one female Maltese and three male Maltese. I breed my female Maltese with a friend's of mine. He's a breeder. If you want more info, email me at winnie_figinroc

Regards,
Swee Eng

ricky
Enthusiast

Jul 3, 2003, 12:01 AM

Post #24 of 25 (3050 views)
Shortcut
Re: [sweeeng] Any one keeping Maltese?????????? [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi,

Do u have any icq, msn msg or yahoo msg???

Ricky

sweeeng
ALPHA

Jul 3, 2003, 5:21 PM

Post #25 of 25 (3044 views)
Shortcut

You just added me into msn. I think you better email to me cos I'm not sure when I'll be log in to my pc.

Regards,
Swee ENg

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my