House design

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

bluetoise2020
Enthusiast

Dec 6, 2003, 8:03 AM

Post #1 of 59 (3066 views)
Shortcut
House design Can't Post

This is an advice for those who is thinkng about getting a dog before owning a house.

What house design should we use? What material should be avoided? How about the decoration?

I'll give my view later.

No Holds Barred 4everLove - my blog
My chit chat corner

surchinmy
Ultra ALPHA

Dec 7, 2003, 4:57 AM

Post #2 of 59 (3058 views)
Shortcut
Re: [bluetoise2020] House design [In reply to] Can't Post

Hello ...

Interesting question ...

It will depend on the kind/breed of dog and how many dogs the owner intends to get ...

Lets assume an average sized breed and 2 dogs ... and all dogs will be sleeping indoors:

(a) A doggie room ... ideally with non-slippery tiles ... terracotta would be nice ... and must have drainage point, so that room can be washed ... & an extractor fan ... aircon - if long haired breed.

(b) Plenty of cupboards & shelving for dog toys & towels, dog food, shampoos etc etc ... dogs appreciate their towels not being mixed up with the dish cloths ...

(c) Shower & drying area for dogs ... a heated shower is always appreciated ... extra plug points for dryer and fan (for hot days) ... And of course ... a special feeding area, with separate places for dog bowls ... Lots of extra sinks ...

(d) Lots of day-beds & couches for doggies to rest ... television to keep them entertained ... & some dogs like classical music ... so hi-fi essential. Astro is optional ... But Animal Planet is nice ... And airc-onditioning is a must in the general living area (where the dogs will spend most of their time) ...

(e) Avoid wooden floors unless the owner doesn't mind scratches and holes, where the dogs try to dig to China ... But dogs hate slippery floors ... so compromise ... have plenty of cushions and pillows ... rugs also work - but that's extra cleaning.

(f) Main door must have plenty of glass ... dogs love looking out and hate not being able to see what's going on outside ...

(g) Kitchen should have lots of work space to prepare dog food (and for the extra fridge, see below) ... cushions & mattresses here too, dogs really like hanging out in the kitchen, where the food is ...

(h) Ideally ... a nice big garden for dogs to play in ... Swimming pool is optional - depends on breed ...

(h) Essential equipment:

An extra refridgerator for meat & other fresh foods ... and to keep the eggs, vitagen, yoghurt, honey, keepers mix ... vitamins ... etc etc ...

A blender to puree grains, veg & fruits ... sharp knives to trim the meat ...

A nice big oven to bake dog biscuits, treats etc

A separate washing machine for dog things ...

And a good water filter ... dogs don't like rust in their drinks ... ugh!!

Finally ... if you ask the dogs, they will probably want the house to be constructed out of dog biscuits ... Tongue

Cheers ...

PS ... a library to keep all your dog books ... not forgetting the dog house, where the owners will sleep ...

(This post was edited by surchinmy on Dec 9, 2003, 7:13 AM)

Amanda85
Doggyman

Dec 8, 2003, 5:49 AM

Post #3 of 59 (3044 views)
Shortcut
Re: [surchinmy] House design [In reply to] Can't Post

wow! what a great idea you have here.

so luxurious for the doggie.Smile

Pacco de Mongrel
~ Come and join us for a doggie jungle trekking @ Bukit Gasing every Saturday morning ~

PyRoMaNiAc
Canine Addict

Dec 9, 2003, 6:05 AM

Post #4 of 59 (3033 views)
Shortcut

Musn't forget a bedroom for the dog's slave, otherwise known as us... Tongue

-= Tisha =-

surchinmy
Ultra ALPHA

Dec 9, 2003, 7:07 AM

Post #5 of 59 (3029 views)
Shortcut
Re: [PyRoMaNiAc] House design [In reply to] Can't Post

Aaah ... true ... musn't forget the owners - who sleep in what was previously known as the dog-house ... Wink

mackmack
Doggyman

Dec 9, 2003, 8:45 AM

Post #6 of 59 (3023 views)
Shortcut

Laugh *LOL*Laugh

then the dogs have to be toilet trained and the owners all longkang-trained (next to the dog house)?SlySly

library somemore.... aiyoh.....
get them a SPA equiped bathroom. for longer life... aromatheraphy SPA is cool~.Cool

--I have Howling Bean and Lazy Mack.--

aragorn2976
Ultra ALPHA

Dec 9, 2003, 5:57 PM

Post #7 of 59 (3020 views)
Shortcut
Re: [PyRoMaNiAc] House design [In reply to] Can't Post

Kekeke....

We as the dog's slave can sleep on a pillow at the corner of the room... LaughLaughLaughLaughLaughSlySlySlySlySlySly

Join the JRT Zone

Beloved, let us love one another, because love is of God; everyone who loves is begotten by God and knows God. - 1 John 4:7 (Oofy's motto)

melissa
ALPHA

Dec 9, 2003, 10:53 PM

Post #8 of 59 (3010 views)
Shortcut

Hi Hi

I'm renovating my new house and without kidding, I'm actually constructing and buying some of the points highlighted for my three furkids!Blush

Doggie room lah, non-slippery homogeneous tile lah, hot water point lah, cupboard lah etc etc etc etc.CrazyAngelic.

My current house is not prepared for raising furkids, that's why I'm facing a lot of problems especially the ceramic tile floor is very slippery and smel of urine (this is unavoidable as my female cocker spaniel does accidently step on her own urine when she pee in the toilet as the newspaper is not able to absorb the urine in such a short time Unsure.

I have to use a kind of liquid chemical that bought from Pet wonderland to clean the floor everydayPirate.

The contractor thought that we are crazy partner as we have spent extra money and $$$ to do a lot of unique things that he hasn't seen before and all these are not only for the comfortable of the furkids.

Click here to join Poodles' Friendly Gang ListSmile

My three furkids ^_^ Gigi, Cherry & Belle ^_^

surchinmy
Ultra ALPHA

Dec 10, 2003, 7:51 PM

Post #9 of 59 (2996 views)
Shortcut
Re: [melissa] House design [In reply to] Can't Post

Lucky dogs ... Well done ... Cool

jaytan
Canine Addict

Dec 10, 2003, 10:38 PM

Post #10 of 59 (2990 views)
Shortcut

Very nice, Surch. I wish I had the same level of comfort for the humans around here, heheheh. But really very thought provoking stuff . . . . . . . Best regards,J

aragorn2976
Ultra ALPHA

Dec 11, 2003, 9:23 PM

Post #11 of 59 (2981 views)
Shortcut

Wow...

Lucky fur"masters"... LaughLaughLaughLaugh

Speaking about renovations, my Dad has been talking about making a little fence/gate for the garden to prevent my dog from going to the garage area. Tongue

Should be good too so that we can "lock" the dog when visitors come... I've got friends who are afraid of animals and children... So, have to come up with some solution... LaughLaugh

Join the JRT Zone

Beloved, let us love one another, because love is of God; everyone who loves is begotten by God and knows God. - 1 John 4:7 (Oofy's motto)

melissa
ALPHA

Dec 11, 2003, 10:00 PM

Post #12 of 59 (2978 views)
Shortcut
Re: [aragorn2976] House design [In reply to] Can't Post

Ya, they are the master and we're the maid Frown.

But for all dog lovers they will like and happy to be their furkid's maid Tongue.

Good idea to fence them up if necessary as you can take care of their safety as well.

I'm thinking to install a air-con in the doggie room Crazy... Guess that my husband will start making noise liao Angelic

aragorn2976
Ultra ALPHA

Dec 11, 2003, 10:54 PM

Post #13 of 59 (2975 views)
Shortcut

Hahaha....

Yea... To tell you a story, my late-dog Oofy was trained by us not to run out from the house when the auto-gate was opened... One day, when our auto-gate didn't shut, the door was wide open but Oofy did not even go out of the house. Tongue Our neighbour told us that my dog went to inspect but didn't even budge an inch to go out... So, we never wanted to get any fencing.

Now, with this new pup, it is so hard to catch her as she loves to dash out when she sees something exciting... Unsure So, have to consider a solution for her safety... Crazy

Kekeke.. aircond for the doggy? Shocked I know that my aunt has an aircond room for her St Bernard.... LaughLaughLaugh For my short-haired dog, she gets a fan. When its hot, we let her into the air-cond room to cool down. Tongue

Join the JRT Zone

surchinmy
Ultra ALPHA

Dec 11, 2003, 10:59 PM

Post #14 of 59 (2974 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jaytan] House design [In reply to] Can't Post

Hello ...

Our dogs are still petitioning for a house made from dog treats ... we have managed to resist all such requests ... so far ... Wink

Cheers

aragorn2976
Ultra ALPHA

Dec 11, 2003, 11:16 PM

Post #15 of 59 (2971 views)
Shortcut

Hmmmm...

My dog is asking me to build a house made of cloth... Since she loves cloth so much... LaughLaughLaugh All appeals have been rejected.... Wink

Join the JRT Zone

melissa
ALPHA

Dec 11, 2003, 11:21 PM

Post #16 of 59 (2970 views)
Shortcut

Wow, incredible! I hope your little pup will catch up the skill soon Tongue.

Actually this is also a bad news for the furkids. Once my new house is ready to move in, it means that they will not allow to sleep with me anymore Frown (they are sleeping with us right now in the aircon room).

This is due to I'm not preparing to hire a maid in my new house and I have to do all the housework soon. I guess I have no time to vacuum (my cocker does shed) the entile house next time (we both go back very late every evening).

That's why we have decided to partition part of our new house as their room. They are still allow to explore the house freely except upstair and kitchen Blush.
I think my husband will tolarete a fan Blush rather than a air-con...

Are you going to KK X'mas party?

hunter
Ultra ALPHA

Dec 11, 2003, 11:27 PM

Post #17 of 59 (2970 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ALL] House design [In reply to] Can't Post

on a lighter note, i know i would love to live here if i'm a dog..Laugh

http://www.mikestrong.com/...lery/008/index2.html

posted this link quite sometime ago before, thought i might share with u guys. it's air conditioned and this retriever's housemate is the housecat Cool

(This post was edited by hunter on Dec 11, 2003, 11:29 PM)
Attachments: 05.jpg (86.6 KB)

aragorn2976
Ultra ALPHA

Dec 11, 2003, 11:33 PM

Post #18 of 59 (2967 views)
Shortcut

Haha... Yea.. I hope so too...

Wow... Looks like you and your husband are really slave to your furkids... SlySlySly

Join the JRT Zone

aragorn2976
Ultra ALPHA

Dec 11, 2003, 11:36 PM

Post #19 of 59 (2965 views)
Shortcut
Re: [hunter] House design [In reply to] Can't Post

Wow...

Cool site!! Good pointers for those who is looking for the right solution for their fur-master... TongueTongue

Kekeke... Looks much better than my own house!! Kekeke... LaughLaugh

Join the JRT Zone

melissa
ALPHA

Dec 11, 2003, 11:42 PM

Post #20 of 59 (2964 views)
Shortcut
Re: [hunter] House design [In reply to] Can't Post

Wow, nice house!

I wish I could have such big area to build it for my labrador! Currently I could only allocate a 10' x 6' area to build a house (not aircon but with fan) for her but she will be having a 12' x 15' garden to run Blush.

melissa
ALPHA

Dec 11, 2003, 11:45 PM

Post #21 of 59 (2962 views)
Shortcut

what to do? if they can't live comfortable, then end up we are the one who suffer ler Frown

aragorn2976
Ultra ALPHA

Dec 11, 2003, 11:48 PM

Post #22 of 59 (2961 views)
Shortcut

Yea.... Can understand that feeling... Laugh

Anyway, just for curiosity, how much will it cost for you to renovate your house to accomodate your dogs at your new house? Tongue

Comfort is important for our furmasters but cost is also a contributing factor.. Unsure

Join the JRT Zone

melissa
ALPHA

Dec 11, 2003, 11:57 PM

Post #23 of 59 (2960 views)
Shortcut

a....

I would say around 10K or more as still under renovation, the actual figure still not known yet depends on what tile that I want to choose, aircon or fan? etc etc etc.

Headache lah... still need to sort out a lot of things

aragorn2976
Ultra ALPHA

Dec 12, 2003, 1:09 AM

Post #24 of 59 (2956 views)
Shortcut

Wow..

Reckon should be that price since most of the cost comes from the tiles and stuff... Wink

Yea.. It is a big headache but all the effort in planning will be worthwhile in the end.. Wink Otherwise... Look for PCK... Kekeke.... Cool He can give good discount... LaughSly

Join the JRT Zone

melissa
ALPHA

Dec 12, 2003, 1:17 AM

Post #25 of 59 (2955 views)
Shortcut

a....

Sorry if I ask a stupid question... Blush Who is PCK Crazy?

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my