Home: Dog and Puppies Talk: General:
Quarantine help!!!!!!

Anonymous
Anonymous

Sep 10, 2001, 9:35 PM

Post #1 of 6 (4053 views)
Shortcut
Quarantine help!!!!!! Can't Post

Can someone help me bring my dog into Malaysia from Germany without need for quarantine? Please do help me..I am willing to do anything to get her in without qurantine...
pls e-mail me at slnp@hotmail.com

Gin
Novice

Sep 11, 2001, 9:17 AM

Post #2 of 6 (4046 views)
Shortcut
Re: Quarantine help!!!!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

Is it legal to bring dog into the country without any quarantine ? I guess if that is done, it may post unnecessary threat to the local canine population as there is a possibility of introducing diseases into the country

Anonymous
Anonymous

Nov 6, 2001, 11:44 AM

Post #3 of 6 (4028 views)
Shortcut

Well... I don't think there is a way out here. I brought my dog in from Autralia and he did not need to be quarantined. You should find out if dogs from Germany are quarantined in M'sia. As far as I know dogs fm Australia and NZ are not q-ed. But if need be I also heard lotsa stories where they pay extra. I don't know how true that is. But better to be safe than sorry.

Rainbow
Canine Addict

Nov 8, 2001, 12:52 PM

Post #4 of 6 (4016 views)
Shortcut

Did you bring your dog in through KL?What do you need to bring when you go and collect your dog.

Anonymous
Anonymous

Nov 8, 2001, 4:17 PM

Post #5 of 6 (4012 views)
Shortcut

I am afraid there is no way out to help you in bringing your GSD into Malaysia from Germany without being quarantined.
The proper authority to approach is The State Veterinary Dept in Shah Alam. Tel: 03-55103900, speak to a Mr.Chung who is the issusing Officer of Import&Export permits for animals coming into and leaving Malaysia.
I am a member of MKA [Malaysian Kennel Association] and from this association, I was told that dogs coming into Malaysia from Germany will have to undergo 30days quarantine at the station.
If you are fortunate, the officer there may only quarantine your dog for 2 weeks and the balance 2 weeks you will have to place your dog under "house arrest". This arrangement, I am afraid you will have to work your way through it.
Regards.
Derrickok.

Derrickok
Novice

Nov 9, 2001, 6:14 AM

Post #6 of 6 (4006 views)
Shortcut

It is absolutely impossible to bring into this country a dog or a cat and for that matter any living animal without being quarantined unless the country of origin of those animals is exempted.
Any other method employed in evading quarantine regulations is considered sumggling. If you are lucky, that's fine. If you are caught, your animal will be confiscated and destroyed and as for you the law will deal with you as it deemed fit.
There is of course a loophole.

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my