Home: Dog and Puppies Talk: Dog Grooming:
Problem with Shih Tzu.Help!

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

meiyoong

Dec 6, 2003, 2:55 AM

Post #1 of 46 (6803 views)
Shortcut
Problem with Shih Tzu.Help! Can't Post

My shih tzu fur is verry seriously tangled. I don't know how to fix his fur. My vet recommend me to bring him to grommer to shave his fur.I even use conditioner but not effectively coz the tangles is verry serious now.Can anyone recommend me grommer in K.L or P.J that is not too expensive but good service for me? Thank u!

hunter
Ultra ALPHA

Dec 6, 2003, 11:00 AM

Post #2 of 46 (6796 views)
Shortcut
Re: [meiyoong] Problem with Shih Tzu.Help! [In reply to] Can't Post

hi

your vet is right. a seriously tangled dog's best way out is to just shave its fur.

do u know the ss2 petshop? heard it's quite good with grooming services. reasonable price too.

ritchie_dog
K9 Maniac

Dec 7, 2003, 9:22 PM

Post #3 of 46 (6786 views)
Shortcut

hi mei yoong,

hmm...looks like your dog is in serious stage...when its matted up..never never ever bathe the dog or get it wet..it will make it worse..even if u soak them in conditioner also wont help..i think ur dog might need to be botak..since u mentioned tht it is so badly tangled up...wht's ur e mail?
Lots of love to my beloved Ritchieboy who has left us on Jan 11 2004..May god bless him

meiyoong

Dec 8, 2003, 6:28 AM

Post #4 of 46 (6784 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ritchie_dog] Problem with Shih Tzu.Help! [In reply to] Can't Post

My e-mail address is chen_meiyoon .I'm planning to bring my shih tzu to a groomer service in Pudu.Have u guys hear before? Is it good there? I never try there before.That day i phoned that shop asking for prices and they said that according to my dog's condition, the grooming cost around RM 80.

rebooto
ALPHA

Dec 8, 2003, 7:45 PM

Post #5 of 46 (6778 views)
Shortcut

hi hi,

ohh u planing to bring ur shih tzu to the pudu ones...there is 2 shops there .... 1 is i think masalah (corner shop) and another 1 is really good service and friendly....'cause i'm close to them...hehehe serious not marketing here....try it...they are really professional on long hair and short hair dog/pup....WinkWinkWink

Cheers always!

...()"""()
("( 'o^ )")
-rEbOoTo-

esterlye
New User

Dec 9, 2003, 7:23 PM

Post #6 of 46 (6768 views)
Shortcut

There are a few in SS2 but mostly ranges between RM60 - RM80. I usually bring mine to the one beside Watson (around the famous SS2 food area). They charged RM45 per groom for moderate length. She has gone through a full shave 3months ago due to skin rash & extreme tangled. Is at mid length now. The shop "Summer Pet" Tel: 03-78740822/382

meiyoong

Dec 11, 2003, 9:49 PM

Post #7 of 46 (6760 views)
Shortcut
Re: [rebooto] Problem with Shih Tzu.Help! [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi rebooto,

Last Monday i already bring my shih tzu to the Pudu Grooming Salon(not the corner shop, second shop).The grooming service there really good and efficient.They help my shih tzu to detangled and trim his hair to short one.The groomer took around 3 hours to groom my shih tzu and really worth it.

rebooto
ALPHA

Dec 12, 2003, 7:22 PM

Post #8 of 46 (6751 views)
Shortcut

yep, i told ya its good service...u know what i like bout them...which i don't see it anywhere..is that 2 or more ppl are at the same time handling ur puppy/dog....some other place is like 1 man show...

Cheers always!

...()"""()
("( 'o^ )")
-rEbOoTo-

a_evie
Doggyman

Dec 24, 2003, 11:38 PM

Post #9 of 46 (6724 views)
Shortcut

pudu mana? the better onelah..

i have no guts to trims off shalom's fur near her hind legs (turning yellow because of her pee) so i figured that i could use a groomer near my hubby's office in kl.

the vet can't do it tomorrow (christmas day) so i guess 26th would be my next best bet...

you may email me the details at a_evie@

THANX!!!!Smile

rebooto
ALPHA

Dec 24, 2003, 11:56 PM

Post #10 of 46 (6722 views)
Shortcut
Re: [a_evie] Problem with Shih Tzu.Help! [In reply to] Can't Post

ok send ya an e-mail already...go check now...hehehe

Cheers always!

...()"""()
("( 'o^ )")
-rEbOoTo-

cavey
Novice

Dec 26, 2003, 3:14 AM

Post #11 of 46 (6718 views)
Shortcut

Hi,

I am staying near Pandan Indah. Do you guys know any good and cheap groomer around there?

a_evie
Doggyman

Dec 27, 2003, 12:04 AM

Post #12 of 46 (6710 views)
Shortcut

Smile mucho mucho THANK YOU....

now shalom can smell good. and look good.

rebooto
ALPHA

Dec 27, 2003, 12:43 AM

Post #13 of 46 (6707 views)
Shortcut

so how???

Cheers always!

...()"""()
("( 'o^ )")
-rEbOoTo-

rebooto
ALPHA

Dec 27, 2003, 12:43 AM

Post #14 of 46 (6707 views)
Shortcut
Re: [cavey] Problem with Shih Tzu.Help! [In reply to] Can't Post

mail me at chrkon ....

Cheers always!

...()"""()
("( 'o^ )")
-rEbOoTo-

meiyoong

Dec 28, 2003, 1:51 AM

Post #15 of 46 (6696 views)
Shortcut

Hai..............so did u guys try ths salon at Pudu? Please tell me the name's shop.My e-mail is chen_meiyoon .Thanks.

rebooto
ALPHA

Dec 29, 2003, 5:13 PM

Post #16 of 46 (6685 views)
Shortcut

Hi hi,

erm...no news 1...do keep me update what u think???

Cheers always!

...()"""()
("( 'o^ )")
-rEbOoTo-

rebooto
ALPHA

Dec 29, 2003, 5:14 PM

Post #17 of 46 (6685 views)
Shortcut

erm...i was there all time...hehehe i mean try their service...hehehe

ok...mail ya already...

Cheers always!

...()"""()
("( 'o^ )")
-rEbOoTo-

mafia
Canine Addict

Dec 29, 2003, 7:12 PM

Post #18 of 46 (6682 views)
Shortcut
Re: [cavey] Problem with Shih Tzu.Help! [In reply to] Can't Post

u can go to kuchai lama!!....his name is edward trained in Japan and does a very good job with doggies!! my friend's Spaniels and my MS go there....very satisfied with his job!! he charges RM60 only for full cut and trimming only rm30! if boarding only rm15 pernight and the place is clean!! its his hobby and not his main biz!!

even cages and play pen, he is cheap compared to most petshops!!

u can mail me @ .com.my for directions!

This message is intended for the use of the individual addressee(s) named above and may contain information that is confidential, privileged or unsuitable for overly pang-tang persons with low self-esteem, no sense of humour or sexual religious beliefs.
He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart.
You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion

a_evie
Doggyman

Dec 30, 2003, 11:34 PM

Post #19 of 46 (6673 views)
Shortcut

eh...gotten into some technical prob with shalom. so haven't sent her there for grooming.

tech prob..since she has resorted to peeing on anywhere she wants now! sso much for giving her more room to roam. i have actually opeened her to the rest of the partmeent and she now treats the whole house as the loo.

someone mentioned to me that i can actually send her for potty classess...is that true?

I AM DESPERATE
Unsure

rebooto
ALPHA

Dec 31, 2003, 12:29 AM

Post #20 of 46 (6668 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mafia] Problem with Shih Tzu.Help! [In reply to] Can't Post

can ask for me the playing pen how much he is selling per piece...thinking of giving my Baby the playing pen instead of the crate... thx in advance...

mail me if its not allow here...hehehe at chrkon

Cheers always!

...()"""()
("( 'o^ )")
-rEbOoTo-

rebooto
ALPHA

Dec 31, 2003, 12:32 AM

Post #21 of 46 (6668 views)
Shortcut

huh...tech. prob....pretty crazy though....!!!

never heard of that actually..well, u could actually train shalom by urself...its pretty easy ler...

get a good book..or check some the post here in the forum on potty training...sure u will get the idea on how to train ur shalom....WinkWink

also if u wanna get a spray that help shalom to pee pee on the right spot...i think Jusco got sell it...do check it out...Cool

Cheers always!

...()"""()
("( 'o^ )")
-rEbOoTo-

a_evie
Doggyman

Dec 31, 2003, 12:38 AM

Post #22 of 46 (6667 views)
Shortcut

i think it is very much my fault...we've been real beezee with work that we can't be with her 24 hours (ok make it 16 hours) a day to train her.

that's why i am resorting to trainers for this matter if there is any.

i've pretty much followed my manuals and the threads...and somehow the pee on floor started only on christmas day (coincidentally after someone called her bodoh dog)...i know my baby ain't the smartest on the list but she isn't that stupid either (at least she does not play with her toys that is soiled with her pee or peeSmile )

btw, which jusco did you see thee thingy? i'm desperate enough to try just about anything..never mind i remember that stuff (another brand maybe) did not work on another shih tzu and the other dogs i know...)

I AM DESPERATE!!! HELP!
FrownFrownFrownFrown

rebooto
ALPHA

Dec 31, 2003, 1:08 AM

Post #23 of 46 (6665 views)
Shortcut

ohh ok...i get u....well during the weekday...i think i'm also spending say about 4-5 hrs with him and that time i train him...hmmm actually u also could do that same...only during the weekend i can train him 24 hrs a day...hehehe

ohh i saw it in Taman Maluri's Jusco...i think u could get those stuff from any pet shop...its called something like pet elimination aid...or something like that...actually the liquid stuff smell like poo poo...hehehehe

Cheers always!

...()"""()
("( 'o^ )")
-rEbOoTo-

a_evie
Doggyman

Dec 31, 2003, 6:04 PM

Post #24 of 46 (6655 views)
Shortcut

eh...kalau smell like poo poo..i;m sure shalom would LOVE IT!!!!

seriously, i caught her in action eating her poo last night. so i picked it up on some toilet roll and gave it to her. the moment she tried sniffing in, i smacked her. yes i actually smacked her and broke my own heartFrownFrown

this morning, as usual the newspapers were everywhere. but there was more poop leeft behind. i reckon she ate some but stop half way.

and after her morning business, i caught her pooping. again picked her poo for her and offered her...this time she walked away. as much as i tried approaching her with the poo or leaving it for her on the ground...she avoided it like plague. learning perhaps?

but the pee part...alamaks...this morning she peed in the living room (or maybe it was last night wheen my hubby was baby sitting her) and again on the bathroom floor (new part). somehow she knows that she has done something wrong...but then why does she repeat her mistakes? someone said, must be the joy of seeing the mummy turn red with anger!

but i'll try getting the solution tomorrow...in laws live in cheras so can swing by and get it.

thanx ofr the recommendation!!Smile

and HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

rebooto
ALPHA

Dec 31, 2003, 6:52 PM

Post #25 of 46 (6652 views)
Shortcut

ohh gee, u smacked her....ohhh....great...WinkWink that is what u should do if scolding don't work...hahaha

i also wack my small 3 month old shih tzu...but not really with my full strength ler...hehehe just to scare him ma....

don't u put her in crate or playing pen if u were not around???

erm, bout the poop eating...there is a lot of solution in this forum somewhere...u can do a search bout it on the solution...

sometime dog repeat their mistake is not their mistake...there is no 100% type of things la..just give and take lo....hahah yeah, they like u when u r mad...'cause u give lot of shouting + anger + action + (attention)....yes..attention is the most important part which make them do things we don't want them to do...i've saw a video that don't wack ur dog as they don't know they do wrong...so i also kind of blur dunno which 1 to follow...

ok cool....keep me update on the progress...ok...WinkWink....ur welcome...just helping who needs it...!!! yeah...same to ya...HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!

Cheers always!

...()"""()
("( 'o^ )")
-rEbOoTo-

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my