First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

xyne
Doggyman

Dec 5, 2003, 6:39 PM

Post #1 of 56 (4058 views)
Shortcut
Neighbours who mistreats pets Can't Post

hello everyone...

I have noticed some neighbours who dont care much for their pets...
My neighbour ties her pretty dalmation with a very short leash and never unties it.. she just sits and sleeps there with a weary eye...no walks, no pets,... nothing...

I have also seen dogs tied up in a small cage, with a zink roof out in the sun. They looks so sad...

xyne
Doggyman

Dec 5, 2003, 6:41 PM

Post #2 of 56 (4057 views)
Shortcut
Neighbours who mistreats pets [In reply to] Can't Post

I am not tat brave to march into their homes and demand justice for the furry ones...

But I just feel so bad for them and wonder wat i could do...

Under what circumstances can I call the SPCA?

What can we do to help the unfortunate?

icezcream
Ultra ALPHA

Dec 5, 2003, 7:20 PM

Post #3 of 56 (4055 views)
Shortcut
Re: [xyne] Neighbours who mistreats pets [In reply to] Can't Post

hi there Smile,

i think the only option is to call SPCA..but i don't think they will act immediately..FrownFrown
why don't you drop a message/letter into their mail box??tell them to treat their pet better or you will report them to the authority....

-= There are no bad breeds, just bad breeding=-

Got Dalmatian??Click Here..
Got Mixed Breed??Click here...

xyne
Doggyman

Dec 5, 2003, 7:39 PM

Post #4 of 56 (4054 views)
Shortcut
Re: [icezcream] Neighbours who mistreats pets [In reply to] Can't Post

I scared la...

I havent called the SPCA cos the dogs just looks sad an unloved.. but looks healthy n normal. When is severe enuf to call the SPCA?

Also.. Its really wierd to just go up and tell the neighbours off...

icezcream
Ultra ALPHA

Dec 5, 2003, 8:22 PM

Post #5 of 56 (4053 views)
Shortcut

if the dog was tied 24-7, then SPCA should take action edi...

no la...don't tell them off right in front of their face la...sure kena pukul wan LaughLaugh...write a letter,drop it in their mail box without them knowing la...hahahahaaa LaughLaugh

xyne
Doggyman

Dec 5, 2003, 8:25 PM

Post #6 of 56 (4052 views)
Shortcut

i called spca.. they say even if the dog is tied 24-7.. but looks healthy... they dont have the power to do anything..

xyne
Doggyman

Dec 5, 2003, 8:29 PM

Post #7 of 56 (4051 views)
Shortcut

it's just so sad... they have to wait until the dogs r in dire need of rescue and looks battered or with maggots only can they appeal to the council and seek action....

until then, we cant do a thing...I've seen dogs as such that dont look unhealthy but with a sad look in their eyes as though wishing they were better dead....

icezcream
Ultra ALPHA

Dec 5, 2003, 8:43 PM

Post #8 of 56 (4050 views)
Shortcut

huh??really....then when are they gonna take action??MadMad when the fella got severe bone deformation due to lack of walking kah??FrownFrown..
how now?? i guess the only option is to write a letter or talk to your neighbour bout it...so cham Frown

xyne
Doggyman

Dec 5, 2003, 8:51 PM

Post #9 of 56 (4049 views)
Shortcut

ya lah....Mad

i guess with my neighbour i just have to find a good time to offer and walk their dogs and let my GR say hello.. maybe tat'll break the ice...

but wat with those not around my house... I've seen so many cases already... Unsure

ai_ney
Ultra ALPHA

Dec 6, 2003, 5:50 AM

Post #10 of 56 (4045 views)
Shortcut

hi xyne,

i'm very shocked to read that spca will not take action when the dog is tied up 24-7! don't u think that it is a cruelty case? isn't that a form of abuse? the least they could do is inspect the house and give the owner a warning...

i'll check further on this and get clarification from spca staff...

i take the lrt home everyday and on the way i notice a dog (looks to me like a poodle or terrier mix or pure, white colour) being tied up almost all the time, but i need to observe further and i am unsure which house it is... it's a row of squatters and the condition is really bad... i'm planning to report this to the spca when i can confirm the address...

Unimpressed
Sookie's Photo Gallery
DON'T BREED AND BUY, WHILE HOMELESS ANIMALS DIE.
EVERY DOG SHOULD HAVE A HOME.

snoopdog
K9 Kaki

Dec 6, 2003, 7:21 PM

Post #11 of 56 (4040 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ai_ney] Neighbours who mistreats pets [In reply to] Can't Post

SmileHi ainey,

Yeah, pls check what you can do. Opposite my house, the dog is in the same situation like the dalmation. It's a mongrel. I have went up to my neighbour and told them that the dog at least needs to lie down to sleep, they totally ignored me and closed their front door. Sigh! The mongrel barks all the time to get attention but nobody gives him any. The mongrel's bark is stressing Dome out because everytime the mongrel barks, Dome will bark and look at me. I think Dome is asking me to do something but what can I do? I've gone to them but they don't care.

Ciao
Angeline + Maximus & Dome(miss u!)

Amanda85
Doggyman

Dec 8, 2003, 5:33 AM

Post #12 of 56 (4032 views)
Shortcut
Re: [snoopdog] Neighbours who mistreats pets [In reply to] Can't Post

my fox terrier also tends to bark for attention every morning because he was confined behind the kitchen. and kinki who is still sleeping soundly will wake up and bark at him. is really cute.Wink

Pacco de Mongrel
~ Come and join us for a doggie jungle trekking @ Bukit Gasing every Saturday morning ~

Amanda85
Doggyman

Dec 8, 2003, 5:36 AM

Post #13 of 56 (4031 views)
Shortcut

my best friend family members also chained up and crate their dogs for 24 hours. and without bath for few months.Frown

her cocker spaniel who looks so adorable was not being groom and smell stinks. and the GR and Lab with sad looks. and last 2 months they bought another st. bernard, haih....another poor doggie.

i've tried to call spca, but they doesn't seems to take any action.

Pacco de Mongrel
~ Come and join us for a doggie jungle trekking @ Bukit Gasing every Saturday morning ~

icezcream
Ultra ALPHA

Dec 8, 2003, 7:30 AM

Post #14 of 56 (4029 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Amanda85] Neighbours who mistreats pets [In reply to] Can't Post

haiyo...these people got money to burn but no heart to take care of the dogs...MadMad

xyne
Doggyman

Dec 8, 2003, 5:36 PM

Post #15 of 56 (4025 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ai_ney] Neighbours who mistreats pets [In reply to] Can't Post

hi ai ney,

the spca says unless the dog/cat looks very unhealthy, then only can they appeal to the council and take action... otherwise, they have no right woh.. i dunno.. i think they shld be able to make a warning too.. but the lady i called say there's little they can do...Unsure

oh oh.. if u find out more...plz let us know ya...

xyne
Doggyman

Dec 8, 2003, 5:39 PM

Post #16 of 56 (4024 views)
Shortcut

hi amanda...

if its your best friend, i'm sure they will listen to you...???

why not ask her to join puppy.com...we teach her how to care for furkids???Tongue

how come they have so many wonderful babies and yet not know how to care for it???? tell me where.. i go beat beat his/her backside....
heeheheeeeee Tongue

Amanda85
Doggyman

Dec 8, 2003, 6:19 PM

Post #17 of 56 (4022 views)
Shortcut
Re: [icezcream, xyne] Neighbours who mistreats pets [In reply to] Can't Post

my friend does not like dogs at all, so she wouldn't bother about her doggie. she'll rather spent time with her bf and going shopping.

but i really wonder why her brother bought so many doggies.

and next year my friend and her brother will be studying oversea, so i'll try to ask them whether i can adopt the lab.

Pacco de Mongrel

icezcream
Ultra ALPHA

Dec 8, 2003, 8:23 PM

Post #18 of 56 (4018 views)
Shortcut

why don't you talk to them?? since they have no heart to take care of the dogs, put them up for adoption...

Amanda85
Doggyman

Dec 9, 2003, 4:49 AM

Post #19 of 56 (4011 views)
Shortcut

i don't think they will give up their dog, coz they spent lots of money buying them.

i think they only like to show off their dogs to visitors. whenever there are friends who came to their house, they'll lead them to the backyard to have a look at the cocker spaniel and GR.

Pacco de Mongrel

nathalie
Doggyman

Dec 9, 2003, 5:11 AM

Post #20 of 56 (4009 views)
Shortcut
Re: [icezcream,amanda] Neighbours who mistreats pets [In reply to] Can't Post

Smilehi,

no offense amanda but i think that they are just buying those dogs for the sake of buying and showing others that they have it or just buy them when they saw these cute looking pups but'll abandon them later.

amanda, it's a good idea if u could adopt the lab or any one of their dogs but i think they'll not allow but a softer approach is to tell them that u'll babysit for them.....i believe that u'll love them more than the owners do Smile

icezcream
Ultra ALPHA

Dec 9, 2003, 6:31 AM

Post #21 of 56 (4005 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Amanda85,nathalie] Neighbours who mistreats pets [In reply to] Can't Post

i agree with nat..just wanna show off their dogs to visitors...Mad

btw, amanda,beside chaining them 24-7, in what other ways they mistreat the dogs???

RealityDreamer
Doggyman

Dec 9, 2003, 6:56 PM

Post #22 of 56 (4000 views)
Shortcut

That's why some "professional breeders" claim that if the price of the pup is higher,it will be better looked after-that's what they think. They think the dog will be better off with a rich family.
,-._,-.
\/)"(\/
(_o_)

Amanda85
Doggyman

Dec 9, 2003, 7:12 PM

Post #23 of 56 (3998 views)
Shortcut

they did not hit the dog la. just neglect actually.
they chain and lock up the dogs, provide shelther and food only.
they did not even went for any walks and seldom got their bath. did not see any human being besides the house maid who feed them.

Pacco de Mongrel

Amanda85
Doggyman

Dec 9, 2003, 7:15 PM

Post #24 of 56 (3997 views)
Shortcut
Re: [RealityDreamer] Neighbours who mistreats pets [In reply to] Can't Post

ya, some who coz more than 2K.

today, i came across the newspaper and notice that someone is selling a GSD puppy for only 750, with mka cert.
really wanted to have it.

Pacco de Mongrel

(This post was edited by Amanda85 on Dec 9, 2003, 7:29 PM)

icezcream
Ultra ALPHA

Dec 9, 2003, 7:45 PM

Post #25 of 56 (3992 views)
Shortcut
Re: [RealityDreamer] Neighbours who mistreats pets [In reply to] Can't Post

you're right...
sigh..it's just so different from other countries. the breeders will personally inspect your house and your capabilities before deciding whether to sell the pup to you or not...here, they will just sell to those who can afford to buy...Frown..

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my