IN

Home: Dog and Puppies Talk: Before Getting a Dog:
New pup comin' in soon...

DoggiePuppy

Dec 5, 2003, 4:26 AM

Post #1 of 6 (946 views)
Shortcut
New pup comin' in soon... Can't Post

Hey I just registered here. Got a new pup coming in soon but not too soon. Gotta know what to prepare. I've read some post here about new pup. What are water bottles? I thought its better to have water in just bowls? Tongue
------------------------------------------------------------
<-----Looks like a cockroach from this picture!!

poor_me
Enthusiast

Dec 5, 2003, 5:08 PM

Post #2 of 6 (939 views)
Shortcut
Re: [DoggiePuppy] New pup comin' in soon... [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi,

Just prepare lotsa love. Smile

You'll also need;

1) Cage/Kennel
2) Food (including treats)
3) Some toys (especially for small puppies - they need something for their teething)
4) A water bottle (or two - one for hanging on the cage and another to bring out for gatherings or trips)
5) Leash (u need them for puppy.com.my's gatherings)
6) Comb (get advice from the petshops - they will recommend which type to get depending on the length of ur dogs fur).
7) Dog shampoo (puppy version for puppes preferably - adult versions might be too strong)
8) Ear & Eye cleaning liquids/cloths.
9) Clippers - for nails.
10) A bowl for the food.

Also u need to learn responsible dog ownership. No letting ur dog poo poo on peoples gates or parks.

As for the bottle and bowls difference, it depends on ur dog. If ur dog has long facial fur, or lotsa fur, drinking from a bowl will cause his/her fur to get wet. Wet fur tends to tangle. No harm for short furred variety.

Regards,
Alan

(This post was edited by poor_me on Dec 5, 2003, 5:13 PM)

aragorn2976
Ultra ALPHA

Dec 5, 2003, 6:11 PM

Post #3 of 6 (934 views)
Shortcut

Hi there...

Water in bowls aren't necc good if you leave it out in the open for long. This is because birds, other animals (like squirrels or rats **eww **) and other insects may contaminate the water and may cause problems for the young pup. Wink

Best to stick to the bottle for now... Tongue

Join the JRT Zone

Beloved, let us love one another, because love is of God; everyone who loves is begotten by God and knows God. - 1 John 4:7 (Oofy's motto)

Amanda85
Doggyman

Dec 5, 2003, 8:02 PM

Post #4 of 6 (931 views)
Shortcut

read up on how to potty train your puppy.

btw, what breed of puppy are you going to have?

Pacco de Mongrel
~ Come and join us for a doggie jungle trekking @ Bukit Gasing every Saturday morning ~

DoggiePuppy

Dec 6, 2003, 12:18 AM

Post #5 of 6 (926 views)
Shortcut
New pup comin' in soon... [In reply to] Can't Post

Hey, thanks for all the input. Its a mixed breed, english cocker spaniel and brittany cocker spaniel, getting it from a friend. Its only about i think 2 weeks plus old by now so she still need to be with her mummy. And they're also getting her tail cut, very sad but the vet said got spaniel blood better to snip of the tail to look better. I am not worried of her disturbing neighbour or so, planning to make it a house family dog just like any of us in the house ad will occasionally only bring her out to walk under supervision. I won't feel safe letting her around on the road like that, its crazy!!

I am just a bit worried about certain thing people say about pups whom they bring back and die after a week. Read it in this forum also, they bought from petaling street pet shop and got dono what sickness, summore pure breed. This is my first time taking care of a puppy by myself. The last time I saw a dog in the house? When I was about 4 or 5 I think so I don't think I got any experience. Which is why I am coming in here for support.

I don't know if anyone else inside here has a dog mixture of these two breeds before or not cause its a mixed breed so i won't know its temperament, how long its fur is, how large it is going to get and so on. I am only playing guessing from my readings of these two breeds and made a conclusion meeting its criteria half way.

But whatever it is, she's going to be my puppy....and whatever she is, I will just love her.....as long as she don't give up on me, I won't! I still haven't gotten a name for it....hmmm...worried also I give her a name which is not so nice...hehe. Help me out ya'll. Honestly, I don't know how to train dogs although I've read a lot about training already. Will update you guys here!! First day i get it, I'll straight away get a picture and post it up here!!
------------------------------------------------------------
<-----Looks like a cockroach from this picture!!

jooann
Enthusiast

Dec 8, 2003, 8:05 PM

Post #6 of 6 (910 views)
Shortcut

Hello there! I'll also be getting my own puppy very soon. Looks like we're in the same boat! You might wanna chek out some members advice for me here:

http://www.puppy.com.my/...;;page=unread#unread

Good luck and see you around!

Joo Ann.

Tongue Joo Ann N Sushi

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my