Home: Dog & Puppy Health: Canine Distemper, Parvo, Kennel Cough,...:
Distemper again lo

cowcow
Dog Kichi

Nov 3, 2002, 7:59 AM

Post #1 of 6 (5942 views)
Shortcut
Distemper again lo Can't Post

Hello guys! I just post somethin at Introduction area, but then later i discovered i talk too much there instead of my problem is regarding distempered. Hopefully any dog lover will help me.. please...

My pup just past away cause by Distemper last week. Real sad and make me cry cry.. sob sob.. even my girl friend left me i also won cry oh!

Due to family is too sad and quiet, i try to introduce a new pup. And just today i went to see a breeder's Doggie. It is a very cute beagle (hopefully can show u all her picture if got chance).

But problem is that i scared the distemper virus still at my home as my last pup always lick here and there, run around the whole house, in n out (out just to shh shh and put put). I heard the virus will alive for a month (according to some website provided by kind members here). also these few days raining(KL loh). How ah How ah?

As for the new pup(beagle), she is 8 weeks old and having 2nd injection today. I see the doctor letter it says is Distemper 2nd injection. Don't know much because also duno how to read.

So any good suggestion? I really like the new pup as the condition so far is the best i ever see from a dog lover. Because he can't wait either coz his condo not allowed to keep doggie.

if I use clorox to clean the house is hardly clean everything because my last pup really go anywhere lick anywhere bite any wire. how about the bacteria spray in market? or just advise me not to keep at all??Unsure then wat about my house compound? takan i dun let the pup go out do business meh?

Anybody please help me??? please please please!

luckey
ALPHA

Nov 3, 2002, 7:45 PM

Post #2 of 6 (5935 views)
Shortcut
Re: [cowcow] Distemper again lo [In reply to] Can't Post

What i'd do if you really want that beagle is to find an uncontaminated place to keep the pup until it has had all its vaccinations... (if the breeder can't keep him till then for you). But I wouldn't want to risk a second dog getting distemper, coz that would be too sad...

good luck!

cdmoo
ALPHA

Nov 3, 2002, 9:51 PM

Post #3 of 6 (5933 views)
Shortcut

hi cowcow,

It may sound bad news to you, I recall that the dog owner should not get another doggie for at least 6 months if his/her previous dog died of distemper. Pls. dig this section deep enough. Certainly one month is not enough!

Smile
regards,

CD Moo

cowcow
Dog Kichi

Nov 3, 2002, 10:29 PM

Post #4 of 6 (5930 views)
Shortcut
Re: [cdmoo] Distemper again lo [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks for all ur advise. Today i just get some advise from vet and they says is around 1 month also with clorox cleaning while the pup's grave need to put on some "white stone sand" (wondering is it simen?). by mean time i already paid my deposite to the puppy owner already. guess i just kept in my friend house a while loh. maybe a bit difficult as i would travel everyday just wan to see her.... Unsure

Khoobg
Webmaster

Nov 4, 2002, 4:52 AM

Post #5 of 6 (5924 views)
Shortcut

The pup is only 8 weeks old and he has now taken the 2nd vaccination. This may mean that the first jab was administered when the pup is five weeks old. Vaccination that are administered too early may not work. Hence you need to check the date that the first jab was given. In the event that first jab is not effective in creating the memory cell, then your pup will badly need the third vaccination to reinforce his defence again major virus infection.

Just my 2 cents.

Cheers

Dog Obedience and Agility - http://www.puppy.com.my/ob/
Events' Pictures - http://www.doggie.com.my
Online Pets Memorial - http://www.rainbowsbridge.com.my

cowcow
Dog Kichi

Nov 4, 2002, 6:37 AM

Post #6 of 6 (5917 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Khoobg] Distemper again lo [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks for advise again! really glad that i found u guys leh! so many many good advise that i get from no where. Wink

It seems like a lot a lot different type of opinion. like today, the vet told me from vet to vet they have different injection period. strange huh?Crazy

Overall what i need anyway? heart guard(monthly, each cause RM10?) + injection(yearly). Deworm? half year once? what else in mind? doggie food? even the vet told me some doggie food got worm prevension? just got too confuse..... wondering is there any specific guidance?

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my